1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook post manual translation

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jimmyy, Mar 9, 2016.

Hi,

I have a facebook page where I got likes from people that speak several languages (3-4 languages).

I would like to post on facebook but in each of the 3-4 languages, and to avoid that the French speakers let's say get the English post and the other way around.

I'm not an expert on how facebook works, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess that for every facebook user there is a preferred language.
    I could target my posts by selecting the target languages from the preferred audience tab.
    I was thinking of writting first in all the languages other than English in that respective language (I would translate manually the post), and then at the very end to avoid posting again for the other languages than English (e.g. French) then I would have to choose English as a target language (otherwise if I do not choose English I guess everybody will get the message, regardless of their preferred language).

But then if I do the above, I assume that if I have some followers/likes from people with other languages (e.g. Turkish or Indonesian) that could happen, then these persons won't get to see my post right?

I hope what I'm saying make sense, otherwise, I'm happy to clarify it.

jimmyy, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  2. chellosp

chellosp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are completly right.

chellosp, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  4. jimmyy

jimmyy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your replies can someone answer my last question:
    "But then if I do the above, I assume that if I have some followers/likes from people with other languages (e.g. Turkish or Indonesian) that could happen, then these persons won't get to see my post right?"

As another remark, if somebody answers in French I cannot set the target audience while replying to that post... and I do not understand the implications(whether everybody sees my answer or only the French speakers...)

jimmyy, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  5. chellosp

chellosp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right again. Only the people with the language you targeted will see the corresponding post.

chellosp, Mar 22, 2016 IP