1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake content social site purpose

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by vinny15, Mar 22, 2014.

Somehow I found myself on a B2B social site b2binder.com. It lists many companies and also people (often girls having a bikini pic in theiir profile :)). It's obvious most of the users aren't human and the content- pics and names comes from some social sites and companies detials were grabbed from some biz directories. What do you think can be the purpose of such a website? Creating content in order to attract advertisers or getting contacts on real people and companies that register there or something else?

vinny15, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  2. Rique

Rique Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They do that to get the snow ball effect going on. Not everyone that uses the computer is as tech savvy as you are. So they will not be able to tell the difference between real human or fake human users and will just follow.

Humans like to follow groups because it is a survival instinct and this reflects even online. Mostly, we do not like to make decisions for ourselves and therefore when we see other humans have tried this we follow in order to stay on the safe side.

Not sure why I went this deep into explaining.

Rique, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  3. vinny15

vinny15 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for explanation. BTW it might be a Belarussian project, because it also exists on .by domain and this version seems to be way more realistic.

I have just found the pics come from VK.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    vinny15, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  4. Repucaution

Repucaution Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion it is easy enough to differ real accounts from those which were created by unreal persons. The reason why such accounts exist can be for example gaining fake likes or reposts, etc. This is one reason, but if you just scan sych accounts you can differ a real one from unreal.

Repucaution, Mar 24, 2014 IP