1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

File sharing and management/directory

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by WoodiE55, Sep 14, 2008.

I have a site that I use to store various user manuals for different manufactures. Currently I'm doing this using static html and is becoming very time consuming.

Does anyone know of a system that will allow me and one or two other people to easily upload a PDF documents (user manual) and separate them based upon manufactures?

WoodiE55, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  2. cpuhlp

cpuhlp Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate when you say "separate from manufacturer"? What do you want them categorized?

I'd suggest Drupal maybe.. What I have done is allowed Guests to see the download links. They are thrown to a access denied page when they try to click any file that downloads unless their a registered user.

These permissions can be adjust and configured to do what you want, but Drupal has so many options, people who don't like to learn, will ditch it for another CMS that is more user friendly, with less customization options.

cpuhlp, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  3. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cpuhlp,

Well lets say my site is for PC user manuals. I'd like to have a section of Dell, Gateway, IBM, Compaq, etc and then upload all the manuals of each manufacturer to the related section.

Does Drupal also allow you to search uploaded files? Say if I typed in "Dell Inspiron" - would it show all the manuals with dell inspiron in the name?

WoodiE55, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  4. cpuhlp

cpuhlp Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it does. I use Drupal and run a site similar to the one your speaking of. I used a very very basic layout. I'm only interested in content, and getting quick SE, which I do get listed in under 6 hours normally after a article submission.

http://www.computerquestionhelp.com

cpuhlp, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  5. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This looks more like a blog setup. My site isn't a blog, if anything more of a directory.

WoodiE55, Sep 16, 2008 IP