1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

File Uploading Service, Please Explain some things

Discussion in 'General Business' started by arcademan, Jun 18, 2011.

I am looking at file uploading services, mainly just to study the business model for now until I understand some more.

I would like to specifically ask details about the affiliate programs big file uploading services offer.

For instance, Why would a service offer to pay an affiliate $30+ dollars per 1000 files that are downloaded?

I completely understand why you would offer to give a percentage of revenue from users who upgrade to premium service, but I have no clue why as a business owner I would payout per 1000 downloads.

Anyone care to explain for me?

arcademan, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  2. sayyidhaikal

sayyidhaikal Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry friends,
    I could not give any advice at this time.

sayyidhaikal, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  3. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Downloaders often have to sit and stare at ads for 30-45 seconds and a few sites have dubiously placed ads which you can click by accident when trying to get your link. As for the $30 payout, you're right that does seem extremely high. I've never really tried any of these sites, but a few threads/sites I've came across have rules as to where the traffic must come from (region) to be paid such high amounts per 1000 downloads.

Someone will probably have alot more information to offer you, but thought I'd try and help if only a little.

benjaminp, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  4. Travis

Travis Peon

Best Answers:
    benjaminp is correct: the visitor must be from a certain market to see that payout rate. Also, paying $30 (on the higher end in my experiences) for 1k downloads is actually a pretty low price depending on the conversion rate when you're selling a premium product which has almost no additional cost overhead. Even a small percentage of that 1k visitors joining premium easily compensates for the affiliate payout.

Travis, Jun 19, 2011 IP