1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Film extras could be replaced by AI...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Johnny Mnemonic, Feb 27, 2024.

LOL.

:(

This is insulting to all the wannabe actors out there who know how tough the game is, or people who enjoy filmmaking in general.

It's not like the industry is losing much money by employing genuine background talent. Some movies have had core extras or even hundreds of extras for some scenes, so this is kind of stupid. However, I guess it means they can perfectly shoot the scene and edit it all to their own liking. If so, then cool. But no computer is gonna replace me, damn it. :p

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/sag-aftra-background-actors-artificial-intelligence-1235673432/

Johnny Mnemonic, Feb 27, 2024 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that a lot of studios and producers would love to get rid of all actors, especially the stars. Not only a big cost savings, but you don't have to worry about diva demands or private life scandals or the rest of the baggage that comes with these folks.

jrbiz, Feb 27, 2024 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I will fully and completely admit that I was a "diva" at one time. But then I saw your Humility Model tinfoil hat advertised on t.v. (Shopping Channel) Ever since I started wearing that I have become France's Mother Teresa. I thank you and your hat for changing my life.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 27, 2024 IP
    jrbiz and Johnny Mnemonic like this.
  4. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Years ago, whoever is in charge of the big budget Marvel movies was gonna shoot Avengers: Infinity War in Edinburgh, and at the time, they heavily advertised for extras.

I remember Cockburn Street being cordoned off. But then the production team decided to only use extras in England for a church scene, for some reason. We basically got boycotted.

I know nothing about Marvel. Nothing at all. But this would have been quite the boost to my CV. Because while I'm not looking for to become an actor as such, I think being an extra in locally shot indie films is a bit pointless. For I feel saddened to have to say this, but even if independent films are good, they never get the recognition that A films pull off so effortlessly. They are usually just shown at a few cinemas, then forgotten about.

That's not me trying to take away the enthusiasm of being on the screen. But believe me. Films without a major label just never go anywhere. It's the same with bands who work the club scene, never being noticed by anyone big. Should this be what they are seeking, of course.

5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just an FYI, but after a period of years of benefitting from the Humility Model, some clients have expressed a nostalgia for the old days. So, we recently developed the "Diva is Back" tinfoil hat to much acclaim. Seems like some diva's are worth it. :)

jrbiz, Feb 27, 2024 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I've placed my order and have deposited funds into your Paypal account. Please rush said model-thx.

jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Done. The staff is respectfully asking for a picture of you wearing it in Full Diva Mode. :)

jrbiz, Feb 27, 2024 IP
  8. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    The term "Diva" makes me think of the women in WWE, since that's what they were formerly known by. :)

9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Non, non, non, mon ami. Cette diva reste entierement habillee. (this might be a good time to put your Translation Model hat on.);)

jrbiz likes this.
  10. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    Has anyone been on TV before or in a movie?

If you live in or around Los Angeles, I feel jealous. LOL. Because that's where the Hollywood movies are shot.

Did anybody find Matt Damon in Field of Dreams?

11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    About 10 years ago I was in a French documentary about historic homes/estates/castles in Orleons France. I just happened to be back home for 2 months when they contacted me and asked if they could film. After editing I was 'on' for about a minute or so, but my home was shown for about 3 minutes.
    It showed all over France and Belgium, and parts of Africa.

12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Toutes mes excuses, ils demandaient un coup de tête et rien de fâcheux. Chose promotionnelle.

jrbiz, Feb 27, 2024 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^Alors, there you have it mes amis, proof positive that the Translation Model tinfoil hat does indeed work. (you do understand marketing)

jrbiz likes this.
  14. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    For some reason, James Berich ("Gimpy") is slagging off users from here, on this dead anxiety help forum.

https://anxietyforum.net/forum/show...iva-is-a-dried-up-old-cow&p=258767#post258767

He's this Australian nutball who has been monitoring me on forums and so on since 2017, posting stupid or derogatory crap, impersonating people, and generally being weird. He just reads my posts every week online, and finds people to slag off, etc.

Had him doing this on Fandom, horror.com, YouTube, etc, for years now.

This is his glorious YouTube channel. Imagine being over 30, and still doing shit like this.

15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:

Just thought you might all want to see the city where I live when back in France.:)

jrbiz and Johnny Mnemonic like this.
  16. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    Merci.

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Over ten years ago, I founded a nonprofit to help military veterans get hired in the private sector. I had to do some PR, so I ended up being interviewed on local TV and radio. I also did a local TV channel talking head show for a deep dive (an hour, I believe) interview on the organization. It was very interesting to be behind the scenes in TV and radio news studios. No acting, however.

jrbiz, Feb 28, 2024 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic and Spoiltdiva like this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Very commendable.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 28, 2024 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    A member of DP who also happens to be a member on a French forum that I frequent asked me on there about my home after reading this thread. I'll post here in English what I wrote in French:
    "The home was built in the 1560's and has been renovated many times since. My brother and I inherited it from my deceased parents. He lives on the top level with his family. The bottom level is rented out to another family, and part of the lower level interior is shared by both families.
    The guest house is also rented out to a second family. Revenue from this is used to maintain the property and my brother extracts a fee for his management and for the upkeep. I have a room (suite) for when I return to France for visits. I also derive revenue for this property though less than my brother does."

Spoiltdiva, Feb 28, 2024 IP