1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finding a CEO to takeover my app business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by precision345, Dec 21, 2016.

I have a very successful app that has been generating low seven figures in revenue consistently. I've run this app for this past 4 years and am kind of out of ideas on how to grow it. Growth has been stagnant for 2 years. At this point I think its best to hire a CEO that can think a bit outside the box and also have a renewed passion to make this app really grow.

Any idea how I would go about finding someone like that? I don't suspect its something you post in a jobs board?

Thanks!

precision345, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it has been out for 4 years then during that time there would likely be newer apps that are likely better and/or more updated than it. Have you updated the app? Have you looked into competitors' apps to see if yours is still what people are looking for? Mobile phone apps are very competitive, and one app that might be great now will be down in just a few months' time. See first if your app is up-to-date with the competition.

Milliardo, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Where are you located? Do you expect the CEO to be in your offices or can it be a virtual position? What type of comp package are you offering? Do you have funds for a CEO search (i.e., could you pay a recruiter's fee which is usually a significant percentage of the first year's salary for the executive?)

The answers to these questions will make any replies to this thread more helpful.

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  4. precision345

precision345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    $150k salary. 10% equity.

Yes, can be a virtual position. Are there actually good recruiters that can find a solid CEO?

precision345, Dec 22, 2016 IP