1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FireFox and Tabbed browsing on the Mac problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mia, Mar 14, 2005.

Hello, has anyone else noticed that using tabbed browsing with FireFox on a Mac has some freaky issues?

More specifically if I hide FireFox after it has been open for a while with a number of tabs open, if I show FireFox, the browser does not redraw properly unless I click blindly or window shade it to the dock.

Quitting and restarting firefox seems to be the only way to cure this problem, at least temporarily.

Anyone seen this?

Mia, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I see something similar on FF 1.0 on a PC... when I, for instance, 'tile vertical', FF sometimes (maybe alltimes - haven't checked yet) fails to re-render the site with the horizontal scrollbars... The original Firebird and FF 0.8 didn't do it, so I may get FF 1.0.1 and see if they've fixed it...

Lever, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I haven't, however I've seen something like that when I have some themes installed. Just a slight nudge on the resize window area and it all comes back. I blame it on the theme I'm using. :)

TwisterMc, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently having issues with FF...

I can't have more than one window open at a time. :(

It's starting to grate a little bit.

SEbasic, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  5. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    To fix most FF issues you just need to create a new profile. However that will re-set your settings, themes, extensions and such. However, bookmarks can be copied so you won't loose them. Depends on how much of FF you customized.

If you need more info let me know.

TwisterMc, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm really not using any themes, and have not really customized it at all. It really does not matter what version of FF, or what Mac I have it on, IMHO, it's a bug. At least I am pretty certain of that given the consistent nature of the problem.

Mia, Mar 15, 2005 IP