1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First Page Guaranteed??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tsptom, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    This is just ludicrous.

Also, I'm willing to guess that the duvetdave is also the same person. BUT, I'll go out on a limb here and say they were now smart enough to use another IP address... although probably still coincidentally in the UK???

ephricon, May 18, 2004 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there are a couple of the "same person" doing some posting here. Either that, or it's just a rash of people who have never heard of a paragraph and excel in poor use of punctuation.

Look at this way - if they were "dominating the serps" like they claim they can they would not be wasting their time faking posts in this forum to convince people.

They would post once, with a little proof. Maybe a real client of theirs would visit too and put in a good word.

These people, and their so-called seo company, are a joke.

GuyFromChicago, May 18, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    This thread is being "bombed" by the "same person" coming up with illogical sale speak that might fool the uninitiated but unfortunately he's coming up in front of the next level of experience "amatures" [read amateurs] as he puts it and his "cutting edge" technology just can't "cut the mustard" - now I wonder if he came up against real "professionals" how he would fair?

This thread needs to have an health warning and put in a Black list otherwise someone just might be conned [even from this thread] and give this guy a sympathy vote, and then, pay him some money which will be too late. :mad:

Foxy, May 19, 2004 IP
  4. duvetdave

duvetdave Peon

Best Answers:
    :) good idea that, blacklist anyone who doesn,t agree with you.

duvetdave, May 19, 2004 IP
  5. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Now how did I know that this reply would come from DuvetDave?

Because you first came on as Dennis at 9.02am approx and I posted the fact at 9.03am and then you came here after relogging in at 9.14am.

Oh what a surprise!

In fact I am not saying that you, whatever your alias, should be blacklisted because I don't [look where the apostrophe is - it is not a comma - lack of detail again] agree with you - you can express your own opinions however and wherever you like - but this thread should go into somewhere that has a "health warning" on it so that people take extra care when reading it.

It is not correct to fake a post, whatever your after comments are, in justification of your own position and the Master of the Universe has commented similarly.

Foxy, May 19, 2004 IP
  6. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Duvet Dave has nothing at all to do with Alex Doyle, if there are more than one person with a uk ip address using this forum then I guess were guilty!

Here are the facts:

1.) All these supposed "conned or ripped off customers" all state it anonymously. This is ludricrous. You won't come forward with a real identity because you will be subject then to liable, which holds serious legal implications. Could it be that all you are is disgruntled competitors? The fact that you post these cutting statements anonymously is proof itself that you all making false and fraudulent accusations regarding a company that holds the financial and legal weight to pursue this in a court of law. If you have any doubts about how big an organisation we are then check out our accounts and information held on companies house website for all to view, we have nothing to hide. If we had ripped or conned would we not be in court by now? Would you have not already gone to trading standards? You make anonymous statements on a forum because you are lying you are making untrue liable statements! It is obvious we are all intelligent enough not to believe everything posted!

2.) Foxyweb or Chris Bscwhichever you prefer you are a joke and an insult to everyones intelligence! Your self confessed and self optimised site www.world-ok.com has really reached the zenith of the search engine optimisation. The report run on this site by web position gold is as follows:

Report run by web position gold on 19 May 2004 at 11:47am
    First place rankings 6 Top 5 24 Top 10 29 Top30 39

Search engines 29 visibility percentage 16.81%

Under the search Terms:

Large Yachts
    Super Yachts
    Yachts
    Boats

The truth is the only term that is performing slightly is large yachts what a competitive term this is? The real terms Yachts and Boasts are nowhere
    ! You really do employ the professionals. Foxyweb you base your arguments on a few spelling mistakes the rest on conjecture, perhaps if you concentrated on learning something about optimisation rather than being bitter about successful optimisers and commenting on their grammer then your site might start to climb up the search engines, if you need help with this then contact us. The fact is you need us to be profitable on the web the only other option is sponsored links and add word campaigns. The fact that you base your whole reputation on what a few people who write conjecture on this forum that have no real insight into seo like yourself speaks volumes. Foxyweb GO AND HIDE AND LET THE REAL PROFESSIONALS DO THEIR JOB!

3.) EPhricon and Duvet Dave get out while you still have some credability or intelligence left. Anonymous statemets may be left saying you've ripped or conned them next.

4.) All "conned or ripped off" customers contact us we'll know the truth then won't we.

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  7. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Testimonials to follow shortly! If anyone wants info on where our customeres are currently ranked then just ask, this is all the proof we need!

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Okay, where are they ranked?

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 19, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  10. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno I think ADA and Duvet Dave are both a little too lawsuit-happy for me.

What ever happened to doing business with a sense of integrity? This is not directed at anyone - just my own frustration about the state of society. Its a shame that law suits are such a major part of business. Sure in some cases it may be appropriate - but still just a shame that so many people don't put a high value on integrity.

ephricon, May 19, 2004 IP
  11. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    As Explained earlier, we would not want these type of liable statements filtering through to clients by people who are making these statements without proof or legitimacy. What would you call allowing people to post fraudulent statements on your forum? If you want reports on our client base email me privately sign a confidentiality agreement and I will provide you with the rankings, on the understanding that all liable statements on digital point will be retracted. As I'm sure you understand this is an extremely serious matter and concern that we have with the people publishing these statements on the web and digital point who allows these statements to be posted without proof or cause!

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  12. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think its fair at all to try and criticize Digital Point here. This forum is an open forum - that's what it is. People will post their opinions. Take them for what they are - people's opinions and that only.

Its certainly possible for people to post fraudulent statements - and that's truly a shame and unfortunate - but a part of what the internet is in its very nature - an anonymous medium at best.

There are two scenarios here. 1) It actually is an unsatisfied customer who wishes to express their displeasure with the company's service and either does not feel like spending any more time than that or wishes to keep their identity private - in the same way in which you wish to keep the identity or your clients private (perfectly understandable). OR 2) It is fraudulent posts by competitors for the purpose of making your company look bad. I feel for you if indeed this is the case. Unfortunately it seems as though all a company can do is continue to provide the best service it can and provide prospective clients with past results and good referrals. If people want to be dishonest unfortunately there's not a whole lot that can be done.

Its certainly a bit much to ask that a forum owner monitor each post and demand evidence.

13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Free speech would be the best way I would describe it.

Sorry, we do not filter posts. If we did, we would also have filtered your fake account claiming to be a satisfied customer.

I don't particularly want reports (I'm not looking for a SEO company), I was just trying to help you out so people could see it publicly. Personally, I'm not terribly impressed though considering this forum ranks #1 and #2 in Google for your own company name...

On a side note, a "bribe" to show you where your clients rank in return for killing this thread, is a definite way to make sure I don't. :)

- Shawn

14. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    We place a huge importance on integrity that is why we have defended these statements publically. When someone attacks your integrity what do you do. If the person doesn't respond to logic and facts then the next step is a law suit. Potential damage to the reputation of Alex Doyle Associates is massive by making liable statements. As for Duvet Dave I have not seen any posted comments about law suits, why would he want to launch a lawsuit to something that has nothing to do with him. All that it seems is that Duvet Dave responds to logic and facts, if thats hard to believe and everyone wants to again fasly accuse us as being the same person then this is just another case of conjecture posted on this forum I'm afraid. Where is everybodies elses integrity when they are posting completely false comments that hold no weight?

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  15. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your offer of help, but perhaps screening posts is something to look in the future if this situation occurs agin. To publically publish reports will open my client to every Tom Dick and Harry in the world, does this make good business sense? Of course your forum appears top in google under our name because so much has been unfairly posted regarding ourselves and the fact that our website is currently under construction, due to Googles policy of ranking on relevancy this is why this is happening but not for long I'm afraid. Ignorance is not a defence!

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  16. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is Duvet Dave's post regarding lawsuits.

17. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ephricon but I cannot see where it states about a lawsuit in this quote. All Duvet Dave talks about is protecting clients identities which as is stated is common sense!

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  18. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    If my integrity is attacked I personally don't feel the best course of action is a law suit.

If one of your prospective clients seems hesitant b/c of comments in this thread I think your best course of action would be to simply provide them with results and testimonials and contact info of your satisfied clients. I think that speaks more loudly than responding to the thread with ideas of initiating law suits.

Indeed, I feel as though each post that goes by in this thread merely grows the topic. If left alone for a little while it will disappear - but if we keep adding to it than it will continue to gain popularity and you might have a tougher time regaining the top ranking for you company's website. If indeed I were in this position I would simply address the comment saying that you pride yourself on quality service and integrity and that you are more than happy to provide an abundence of satisfied customers to any prospect who may have concerns. I'd probably leave it at that.

19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pre-screening posts is not what a forum is about. People are free to post whatever they want. Most people who participated in this thread are easily contactable. You are able to email them, and most have their website URL attached to their account, so anyone (including you) can visit their site.

Sorry to bring it up again, but you are the one who goes through the trouble of creating a false account here, so you can post what a satisfied customer of yourself you are. Then calling into question other user's integrity after that is pretty pointless, don't you think?

- Shawn

20. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops youre right here - he posted two posts together. Give me one second and I'll have it up.