1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First photoshop logo - what you think?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Dominicc2003, Jan 12, 2008.

Well I decided to go on photoshop a few minutes ago and came up with this... It's quite simple etc but I quite like it. What do you all think?

Notes: The site's called "HAGlife" and it doesn't really have a niche...

Attached Files:

Dominicc2003, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  2. ApeXz

ApeXz Member

Best Answers:
    If I could make a few recommendations:

Since your wanting to have the 'reflection' look, I recommend lowering the opacity on the stroke (for the reflection), as it is currently making it stand out too much. Also, you should take the rectangle marquee tool, select the bottom half of the reflection, give it a 5 pixel feather, and erase whats selected. That way, your reflection will dicipate towards the bottom, giving it a better result. Finally, you should change the perspective of the reflection layer, so it doesn't look so flat.

Other then that, good job for it being your first. Just keep practicing. ;)

ApeXz, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  3. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    what can I say is that logo too simple for a logo..sorry to say that I will say it it's not a logo..but only a text..but..if you adding more colors and shining looking text and adding some icon there maybe it's more like a logo..

remember..choose the right color combination;)

reezluv, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  4. Algert

Algert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It does not really look like a logo at all. But if it is your first work, keep going cause you are in the right way...

Algert, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To those that say its not a logo, you should know some of the top business in the word rely on text only as their logo, that being said, it needs work, to me the drop shadow throws of the reflection, and i agree with apex, the reflections opacity needs to be lowered, and their needs to be a gradual fade, which can be done several ways. Good luck, not a bad start.

simplyg123, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  6. Allyanora

Allyanora Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm... I agree with ApeXz.. work more to your reflexion... if it's your first logo, keep on the good work. it's pretty good, but for me it's just a picture... otherwise, if you practice, you will get better results.

Allyanora, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  7. squich

squich Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep working. :)

squich, Jan 14, 2008 IP