1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FIRST POST - Geographic Poker Community Project

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thinkcrush, Dec 17, 2012.

Goodmorning! This place is an amazing learning resource for me, i've already learned so much lurking around, i hope i'll learn your jedi secrets and be able to contribute sometime soon.

About me: My name is Matt. I have little to no experience in writing code. I'm getting used to the wordpress API. I'm especially interested in poker. I have worked for a number of years in poker rooms, as a marketer, dealer, manager and organizer. My strengths are in what you'd expect from a poker player, especially analysis, logical thinking, and game theory.

I've always been interested in the online business world, but only now have I begun to actually do something. I move slow, and i delve deep. hopefully it will translate into something that excels.

My Project Background

I've been working in the brick and mortar poker industry for some time now, and the ecosystem has significantly increased. In 2006, there was one public poker room for the city. today, there are more than 5, one of them being one of the best in the world. There are at least 700 people playing poker on a weekend night. I have a relationship with hundreds of these people, including poker room staff, and management. Many of these customers use the company facebook page as a platform for communication. And they interact quite often with each other, giving congratulations on success and commenting on pictures. Together, they have about 12k likes, 2000 pictures, and 10k status updates.

Based on those numbers, and if i get 250 regs by my maturity, can i earn substancial $?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    thinkcrush, Dec 17, 2012 IP