1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fitness Niche - Is there always room for another guru??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Scrilla650, Mar 22, 2010.

I need your take on what's been brewing on my mind. It's one of the biggest niches on the internet, but is it possible to carve out your own share of the market?

I'm in relatively good shape and have a regimen that does the job. But more importantly, I really believe I can help people out (which is always a plus to making $$ online)

My general plan is to create some videos to upload to multiple video sharing sites, build a following, build website and blog (concurrently with posting the videos), port over my video subscribers to my email list (bi-weekly newsletter and valuable content) and eventually sell them my first product (some sort of intro course).

My first product would focus on providing immense value and solidify my credentials as a fitness expert. My focus after that would be to offer niche products in the industry and up the price points.

I was always thinking of offering some sort of continuity program/membership site somewhere along the line as well ($5.99/mo or $49.99/yr).

Any thoughts or insightful tips on this niche and my general plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Scrilla650, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  2. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have a nice blueprint for building yourself a long term business. The most important part is going to be a combination of getting in front of interested people while giving them something of value so that they'll happily not only give you their email and first name, but open your emails in the future.

I don't have experience with membership sites, but I'd imagine when you're first starting out that list building and selling individual products might be an easier (and more effective) way to start.

I'd spend some time on other fitness forums and blogs to see what else is out there.

MarkAse, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  3. Scrilla650

Scrilla650 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mark for that tip. I think that's a great idea to hang out in forums and blogs.

I think going the list building and selling products is the route I'm going to go.

Scrilla650, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  4. abydee2

abydee2 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's one thing to build your reputation and get that first sale, it's another story on how you keep members paying.

abydee2, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  5. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All sounds fine except that you may have to differentiate yourself from the competition. As you yourself ask who needs another guru when there are tonnes hanging around in skimpy tights (Richard Simmons) and looking like stalkers chasing after those potential customers. Maybe target a microniche of fitness like fitness for old folks, fitness for geeks :) You could maybe start by being reseller or affiliate for some fitness programs and gain insight on missing gaps that you can fulfil in industry. :)

tradester, Mar 23, 2010 IP