1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

fiverr.com - Who the heck at DP owns it!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Laceygirl, Aug 17, 2010.

1. johntropea

johntropea Active Member

Best Answers:
    quick and effective :cool:

johntropea, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the names. I wonder why those two little twerps didn't cut me a 1/2 million to clear their conscience considering the site is worth somewhere's in the 50Million+ category. This type of thing really drags a person down. Its like winning a lottery ticket and losing it in the wind.:(

Too bad I can't find their DP names it would be nice to confirm for sure.

Laceygirl, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol no problem so how did this all come about you were in some kind of mastermind group with pooled investments and one of the projects that came out of this group was Fiverr?

Am I anywhere near right?

Seqqa, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  4. Pipert

Pipert Peon

Best Answers:
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    So you claim that you are one of the people who came up with the idea for fiverr?

Le Dangles, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  6. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, if you are one of the ones that came up with the idea of Fiverr I really think it's a shame you have not gotten any money.
    I wish you all the luck in getting their names/additional info! :)

Wulkan91, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  7. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of but not really. I was in a internet meeting pool loaded with medium leveled webmasters(making $100-$3000 per month) who were looking to step up into business on a bigger scale but didn't have the support of others opinions. A lot of us had already setup business plans in full of future websites but wanted opinions by others. Fiver was MINE. Completely(well 95%ish). The way it looks, the atmosphere of it, the design, the cost of using Fiverr($1 paypal fee), almost the whole thing. I'm curious to know why or where did the person who founded fiverr put the camera in front of my computer, or if he/she was in that meeting we had.

No, I claim I came up with the full business plan for Fiverr. Either that or the founder of the site just thought up of the same thing and its a huge coincidence. This is pretty rare considering that even the design and layout are the same, there is only a few slight changes, there was a few features of the site that are not in fiverr that were in the plan and of course the name of the site.

Trying to go after them for money would be impossible. It just bothers me to know that the site is dead on to my plan and I want to find out if it actually was stolen from me. I have about 9 other major business plans for larger scale sites that have never been done before. I'll be sure to never tell and hide them forever so that I don't feel like I do now with this fiverr.

8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what's the conclusion now that I've suppied you with names, was any of those guys in any of these meetings?

Seqqa, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, but we used DP user nicknames. That's the only problem

10. johntropea

johntropea Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have their names. Try to contact them and update this curious thread
    Maybe with a bit of traffic something will happen :cool:

johntropea, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  11. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is to move on and focus your attention/time on those other plans.. Nothing you can do about it now, it doesn't matter anymore and you shouldn't be going crazy about this, don't make it even harder for yourself to comprehend...

People steal ideas/plans all the time... In fact, people steal whatever they can, whenever they can... It's just different when it happens on your own skin, so that's a good life lesson for you.

I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of other people that came up with great ideas that eventually got stolen, copied to some degree or just never executed... And that's online only. I don't even want to talk about offline competition between companies/individuals, patents etc... Business is a hell of a mess, and if you plan on "making something big" you better be prepared to face anything.

Like I said, take it easy and move on, don't go crazy about this, you're still here, it's just a shock for you but you're still capable of doing something else... Who knows, maybe some of your other ideas get 3 times as big as fiverr...

Good luck, and be careful next time when you're talking something of your own in public or groups of people who share similar interests. You should talk to someone who's not in the online business of any type, often they're the best persons to discuss your ideas with, and 99% of them don't pose a threat to you.

If you really can't "get over it" you can start another brand, learn from some of their mistakes, listen to what people complain about fiverr and make an even better site.

You don't have to be first in something in order to gain the biggest market share, in fact, I'm pretty sure you can come up with an improved concept and a better site in the end. Whatever you decide, be sure to do it with your head cool...

IMO...

Aleksandar Mitić, Aug 21, 2010 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  12. hotgame

hotgame Guest

Best Answers:
    i also want to know so anybody got the answer

hotgame, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  13. feeyd

feeyd Peon

Best Answers:

So whats your story then? Did you also think ofthe idea?

feeyd, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  14. feeyd

feeyd Peon

Best Answers:
    Well hiding your plans forever is no good to anybody not even you and eventually someone will think of the ideas you are hiding and put them into action and you will be writing a thread like this again, claiming to have been robbed.

feeyd, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  15. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did the business plan for it.

I emailed them but it looks like they are not emailing back. lol

Laceygirl, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  16. johntropea

johntropea Active Member

Best Answers:
    They will eventually see this thread sooner or later..

johntropea, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  17. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    TeDWooD, Sep 3, 2010 IP