1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fiverr Tips

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AwptimusPrime, Jun 29, 2011.

So I just joined fiverr yesterday, thinking it would be an easy way to make a quick $4. So I started 3 gigs and still have not received any jobs. Now I have not done anything besides creating the gig; no ads on social media.

So my question is how do I make my jobs "popular" and so people will actually buy? One gig I have 16 views, 10 on another, and 0 on the last one.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

AwptimusPrime, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  2. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've made around $800 in 3 months on fiverr. But have some popular gigs also.
    If you have over 50,000 twitter followers on one account you can do well posting a gig for this.
    If you have a site that gets 1500 uniques a day and has some type of page rank you can write reviews.
    If you can provide youtube comments,views,likes ect this will be good.
    sell backlinks is another good one.
    upvote reddit.com stories

Hope these help

what are your gigs just wondering

br3adman, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  3. AwptimusPrime

AwptimusPrime Member

Best Answers:
    My gigs are pretty generic. Proofreading, site review, ebook, and 25 real signups.

And I'm not a big fan of social media so I guess fiverr is not worth it?

AwptimusPrime, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  4. IndieGuideBooks

IndieGuideBooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its Worth It . Don't Get The Site Wrong . Its HOW You Use It .

IndieGuideBooks, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  5. Jenny4u

Jenny4u Member

Best Answers:
    I too tried and stopped posting on fiverr. I was having 2 gigs after 2 months a response has come but not finalized. So that is why I stopped to create new gigs.

Jenny4u, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  6. iamtheb

iamtheb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are tons of gigs on fiverr that never will get any order.What you need to do is check what your competitors offer and you offer more!You will get orders this way,also make sure when you completed an order to ask the buyer to leave you feedback.I have 17 gigs,only 3 gets orders but those get 10+orders/day

iamtheb, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  7. ktjones

ktjones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With a site like Fiverr, I know I personally go on there to see what kind of service can be offered to me that will increase my blog stats.
    This is a very profitable move on your part because it is something everyone wants.
    I would try starting with gigs that will get you noticed and then start providing the gigs that you really want to, such as the proofreading and what not.

ktjones, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  8. AwptimusPrime

AwptimusPrime Member

Best Answers:
    Well the problem I am facing is that there are too many people offering the same service, such as proofreading and naturally people will choose the seller with the most feedback.

AwptimusPrime, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  9. ktjones

ktjones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I totally understand. Some sites like that only reflect sellers with good feedback scores so what you could do is offer your services at various places such as forums.
    Edit your signature so it goes to your Fiverr page where they can see you are offering other services as well.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there and it takes a lot of time and dedication to market yourself.

ktjones, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  10. AwptimusPrime

AwptimusPrime Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. Seems I'm having more luck posting services here so I think I'm just going to stay here. Plus I can make more than $4 :)

I mean if I was offering something really creative then fiverr might be good, but I think DP is still better for 'common' services.

AwptimusPrime, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  11. jackstrand

jackstrand Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to market the link of your gig to attract more customers in fiverr. Consider too the uniqueness of your offer so they will be encourage to buy any of your gig.

jackstrand, Jul 6, 2011 IP