1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fiverrs website is utterly retarded

Discussion in 'General Business' started by okgaz, Mar 30, 2012.

I found out about Fiverr for the first time today. It looked cool so I tried to sign up. Here's what happened:

I submitted the sign up form but it just took me back to the homepage. It didn't say anything on the screen and I checked my inbox - no emails from them. I tried again but the same thing happened. Then I tried signing up using facebook connect - same again. I tried it both ways in 2 other browsers incase it was an issue with Chrome. As a final attempt I tried it with a different email address and it still didn't work. Feeling defeated I gave up.

I came back to my PC in the evening I decided to check if their sign up form was working now but I can't even get to the website! They have banned my IP!

Seriously, how can a website with Alexa rank 197 be that stupid? I presume they IP banned me because I tried to sign up more than once but I only did that because the registration form didn't work!

It's annoying because I had a really good look around this morning and bookmarked half a dozen gigs I wanted to try. Now I'll never get myself drawn as a zombie :(

TL;DR: Fiverr.com IP banned me on my first visit because I tried to set up an account.

okgaz, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Laceygirl, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  3. okgaz

okgaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of those look okay. None of them seem to match up to fiverr though in terms of how many services are on offer or the number of past reviews you can check.

okgaz, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  4. icegin

icegin Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering how many times you attempting to sign up, I think you are right -- Fiverr probably banned you due to the number of times you attempted to register (you may have even be mistaken for a bot). Did you receive any confirmation emails from them when you tried to sign up? I would suggest that you contact them directly but seeing as you can't even access the site anymore it might be a little difficult.

Perhaps try contacting them through their FB or Twitter account.

icegin, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  5. Joyfulwraps

Joyfulwraps Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry you got banned. I know I have encountered problems with website due to browser issues and when I switch to a different browser than I was able to proceed without an issue. Perhaps you can sign on using a library computer? This way your IP address will be different.

I have been selling for a month or so and am making good money with writing product reviews.

Good luck to you.

Laura

Joyfulwraps, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  6. FileHost.

FileHost. Peon

Best Answers:
    As icegin mentioned, try and contact them and explain what happened. If you need to go through a proxy/alternate IP to reach their site, it`s probably worthwhile as their is some cracking Gigs on there (I ordered a couple today in fact).

FileHost., Apr 3, 2012 IP