1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flat Rate Ad Prices

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PJS, Mar 28, 2010.

I've place this question on two other forums and haven't been able to get an answer in over three days. I hope someone here is able to answer my questions. I have a site that I would like to start advertising on but I can't seem to get past this.

I've been searching for answers for the past week about selling ad space on my site I have already created my ad page which isn't live yet. I've determined the size of ads to be sold and I've determined the location of the ads on each page. Now trying to price the ads have been very confusing. According to you know who I am getting a eCPM of roughly $2.00 per 1000 impression. My question is do I calculate my rate by the total page views I receive per month or the total pages views I receive per page? For example if I receive 100,000 page view a month my I should charge $200.00 an ad but lets say my home page gets only 8000 of those pages viewed in one month so this should be 8000 divided by 1000 = 8 x eCPM $2.00 = $16.00. So should I be charging $200.00 or $16.00? Plus I'm confused about the eCPM being $2.00. The $200.00 normally is what I would receive for the whole site for the whole month. Now selling a link or a button on each page of my site would give me many times the amount I would normally make. Is this logical? Plus how do I adjust these rates when it comes to different size banners and banners I place on tier 2 and 3 pages when these page views are less than my home page.? Do I rate according to my top 20 pages? I've been hung up on this for days so I hope someone can help?

Thank You,
    PJS

PJS, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. PJS

PJS Member

Best Answers:
    Does anybody has any ideas about this at all?

PJS, Mar 31, 2010 IP