1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flippa Extortion Scam

Discussion in 'General Business' started by darren fisher, Mar 24, 2013.

I've been reading multiple complaints on the web that when you sell a website on flippa or should I say attempt to sell it, flippa will charge you additional fees to take your site down. So for instance if you try to sell a site, pay a bunch of flippa fees to have it listed and it does not sell, then you AGAIN have to fork over additional fees just to have them remove your site. They will list all your financial records, screenshots EVERYTHING for anyone to see. So if you are planning to ever use the site you tried to sell for business again forget it. They make sure it won't happen by having this listing show up right under your domain search. They will only take it down for money. They are pure extortionists and scam artists nothing else.

darren fisher, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's terrible..I never knew this about Flippa. I've never tried to sell a website of mine, but I won't be using them if I do, thanks for the tip.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  3. gcmonk

gcmonk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They can do this because there is no competition. They're like eBay, yeah the fees are high, there is virtually no protection for sellers but where else are you going to go?

gcmonk, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  4. ragamsky

ragamsky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im the one who has satisfied for flippa services. From my experiences running $20K in total for 5 transaction. I have seen they only charged when you are selling a website, and after a website has been sold. They new system can charged you automatically if you give an option for paypal direct payment for BIN method. 5% from transaction is a fixed number.

Btw, you can set unindex your auction pages after auction has been finished.

ragamsky, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  5. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All of this is listed ON-SITE, and you can have the listing removed from the search engines free of charge. They state absolutely everything in their Terms & Conditions- the ones you agreed too.

They're perfectly above board, it's your issues of not doing enough research before you listed that's the problem.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  6. ragamsky

ragamsky Active Member

Best Answers:
    amen for that

ragamsky, Mar 29, 2013 IP