1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[FLIPPA QUESTION] About Listing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by randal.inc, Dec 16, 2012.

Hello,
    I had a question. Lets say I had a listing. I paid the listing fee 29$ and paid 50$ three times to make sure the listing appears on the first page. Which is a total of 179.00$ for the listing. Hypothetically speaking if the buyer bids and wins the auction but does not pay, am I refunded the full 179.00$ for the listing or so I get back a portion?

Thanks,

Any help is appreciated

randal.inc, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  2. Channing

Channing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get nothing back. It's your responsibility in Flippa's view to protect yourself. You have to screen bidders yourself and take your chances.

Channing, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just like the fellow above me said, your out of luck. You need to understand that the listing isnt a guarantee of a sale.

James Byun, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  4. AlexGreene

AlexGreene Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why I have no interest in selling on Flippa unless my site is worth thousands of dollars. The market needs something in between eBay (worst place to sell a real website) and Flippa (too expensive to sell a low end site).

AlexGreene, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa sucks, you will probably get screwed if you already paid them.

averyz, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  6. SS-Q

SS-Q Banned

Best Answers:
    That is a lot of money to spend on listing your website. I hope it is a quality site that people would actually be interested in buying. I don't have much faith in flippa. I tried selling one of my websites on there a while back and barely recovered the listing fees. Then a few months ago I tried again and had to pay a higher listing fee. I didn't even get any nibbles. I think the domain selling industry is deteriorating with changes Google has been making to its algorithm.

SS-Q, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  7. AlexGreene

AlexGreene Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't bought anything from Flippa yet, but it takes some time to sort through the listings to find the ones worthwhile. Most of them are sites people make with the intention of listing on Flippa. They are more like starter sites, but don't have revenue streams and you are often better off starting from scratch. The secret is to find web apps that people don't want to work on anymore or don't have the willpower to maintain. These have much more potential and are more unique. For listing, I would never use Flippa unless I know for sure the listing is going to end in the thousands, so that if I lost on the listing fees, it wouldn't matter as much.

AlexGreene, Jan 4, 2013 IP