1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For people that operate 3 or more sites/blogs - How do you archive your content?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MarkUSA, May 9, 2010.

If you opeate several web sites, you are likely changing them on a regular basis. How do you archive all your files?
    Basically, if something happened to your host and you had to switch to a new host, how long would it take you to restore everything and get operational.
    I am thinking of writing a batch file that would somehow archive all my updates once a week and save it on an external hard drive. Anyone has better ideas? Which methods do you use to prevent data loss?

MarkUSA, May 9, 2010 IP
  2. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I operate 3 sites of my own, based on DataLife Engine v8.5.

All 3 have news archive function built-in, also automated DB backup function,
    after which archived SQL files just resides on server till periodical download of
    all sites files via Advanced Key & Mouse Recorder macro for FileZilla FTP client.

As for availability of site(s) after moving to another hoster,
    it depends on refresh time of DNS servers around the world.
    Usually just n of minutes, sometimes hours or days to wait..

AlcVitRes, May 9, 2010 IP