1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For those that create their own books/products

Discussion in 'General Business' started by quest1414, Oct 31, 2010.

Now I know that there is tons of garbage on creating products, and there is lots of Gold on this subject (most sell at about $199) but I wanted to let people here know what has been working for me lately.

I have a small group of guys I talk to all the time regarding IM and one chick, who sells more than all of us for some reason. We really sit and talk about crap like what works and what doesn't but the one thing we all agree on is that everybody hates a washed up book that does not even come close to good english and talks about the technique from a third person view and describes it vaguely.

The checklist I have been using lately that has worked for me is this one:

1. Is the technique or product well thought out?
    2. Is the english usage correct, even if it went through the english version of Microsoft Word or even the english version of Word knockoff's
    3. Is the product explained well enough for the average 5th grader to understand?
    4. Can the buyer use the product immediately?
    5. Is there supporting material such as software, video, or workable material included?
    6. Can I create the product in 8 hours?

I do this checklist everytime I create a product becuase I hate it when there are those that have a legitimate reason to ask for a refund. Plus, I have a brand to think about. And I always look for more people to add onto my team (which is a team of product creators that create products for the purpose of selling ofcourse) so I do not ever want to make them look bad by creating crap that everyone hates at once.
    So I think of myself, my buyers, my future sales, and my team when developing a product.

One must understand, online business is just that, a business. And so if you are one of those who are looking for the quick money online, it does come, just not like the real business online. Those guys are pulling back the big $32,000 days. I would love to say that my team pulls in that much a day, hell even every 3 months. But no, I think the highest we have been able to sell so far is a $22,000 mark in six months. That was with using all of our resources, no black hat. With black hat I am certain we could pull in much more, but we still hold our jobs, take from the business a bit more than we put in, and hopefully we meet our goal of one of us quitting our day job by the end of the first quarter next year.

In any case, for those that create books/products. Create a brand, not a book, create a business, and loyal readers/customers, and make good money in a while.
    Put effort into it, and get more from it.

By the way, we have probably bought about $3,000 in trash online. So don't be the seller of that stuff.

quest1414, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  2. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to know why you would you keep buying ebooks/books/products all the way up to $3,000 if its "trash"

Woodcs82, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  3. quest1414

quest1414 Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL, sounds stupid, but this $3,000 has been purchased over time. I say trash, becuase we have purchased hyped up eBooks that said one thing, and turned out to be just a rewrite of someones actual strategy and the rewrite was not even in good english and not very well written to begin with. But, to prove that I continue to buy eBooks, and I continue to learn more techniques and strategies to make money online, I have purchased up to that much in trash, and about $1500 in pure gold, while I can bet we spent about another $1000 in GOOD books. The reason behind this madness is that you cannot, simply cannot, grow in business without finding out what others are doing.

I appreciate your comments and the question. My answer is that if you do not study the techniques of others, how are you going to learn, grow, and make money.

You bet I will continue to buy more, even ones that are literally just some flat out theft and need to give me my money back. Becuase in a year, todays marketing tactics wont work, or atleast not work the same. Policies change, email marketing changes, maybe CPA will be good in a few months, and then go back to crap in a few months more.

You cannot stop reading, applying, learning, adapting.

4. Woodcs82

Best Answers:
    You can do a lot of reading/learning for free on Digitalpoint....but hey if u wanna spend $3k more power to ya.

Another suggestion would be to buy kindle books off well known accomplished authors. Check out - 9 things a leader must do, Trump art of the deal,Napolean Hill - Think and Grow rich ....those are just a few.

5. quest1414

quest1414 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a few Trump books, 7 steps to leadership, think and grow rich, and a ton more actually. All good books. I read often and the rich dad poor dad series had good information, I read them all, but some of that was not realistic enough for me. Except when talking about the LLC's. I really enjoyed that. The main thing though, is that those are not IM books. They are management and personal management books, that have nothing to do with IM techniques that are learned here.

I have bought about 60 books here. I have only been a member for a little while, and have just started putting some words down, but I have been a visitor here for a long time.

Out of the 60 books I bought here, it took a while to actually see an honest review, I had to place my own review on one recently to actually get others to understand what the book was kind of about and why I thought they should buy it.

And out of the same 60 books, I found only about 30 (so 50%) were actually truly worth the buy.

I did not spend all of this money on materials in one day guys. I have been doing this reading and learning and applying for at least a good year, and two wishy washy years of just messing around on eBay and IM.

So do not just assume that since I have experience with trash, that I just accidently bought only trash.

I have invested in business packages, that included these eBooks and vids, and so much more. I had just stated one line that said:

I have purchased $3000 in trash, so do not become a creator of this kind of stuff.

Don't get confused or take it like I did not purchase anything good also. I have a library of great stuff, and a head full of tried and true methods I use consistently. I just still hold a job and therefore am no IM millionare.

6. Woodcs82

Best Answers:
    Its all good.....You will def. learn a ton here at DigitalPoint. What kind of business are you trying to get into? Do you like online startups, offline businesses? I like to read one book at a time then buy another.

-C

7. quest1414

quest1414 Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally do not deal with offline business very much, though I know there is tons of money in it. I went from developing software and installers for a company to running my own side company and working with a company as PM, or project manager. I still do the PM gig, though it is stressful, it pays well. I want to stick to online business and personally I want to create a brand in IM. A good one. Right now things are getting a bit tougher seeing as things are becoming saturated and so on. But I have been having lots of success after about half a year of failure. I think that my tops right now is when I hit the (by pure luck) $3000 dollar month online profit range. Then it dropped back down, work got in the way, my wife saying that a bit of online income is like the dot com crash all over again, and other bull$%()

quest1414, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  8. quest1414

quest1414 Guest

Best Answers:
    By the way, how good is the conversation in actual business here? Is it just random "I like to make money, tell me how" or is it people really sitting down and saying hey, I made a crap load by accident doing this, so let's find out why I made it, and why I cannot seem to do it again?

9. Woodcs82

Best Answers:
    Not exactly sure what you mean...but the conversation is great here at DP. :cool:

-C

Woodcs82, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  10. quest1414

quest1414 Guest

Best Answers:
    Awesome, I have been reading some more, and though on some threads people ask, how do you make money, and then people simply say, use clickbank, use cpa, use a website, and do not add any additional information. I think that actually providing a service really does gain a bit of money since if one has an ability others do not, they are willing to pay for it. I personally know a lot about creating autoplay discs and can do anything with photoshop and have made a good $30 a day doing that, with time of course.

11. quest1414

quest1414 Guest

Best Answers:
    By the way, I was just asking if the majority of conversation is quipped or simple answers like get an online job, or whatever. Also, when I have some extra time, is there a way to get into logo design, photo design, and anything of the photoshop type here?

12. Woodcs82

Best Answers:
    Yes ...make sure that when you want to add more the the forum ...if you just posted to simply edit the post.

In the Buy - sell - trade section you can get logo design, photo design & more!

-C

Woodcs82, Nov 1, 2010 IP