1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forming an LLC for Your Internet Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rollwithsoul15, Dec 6, 2012.

Hey guys, just curious if anyone has done this:

Is it viable to form an LLC for your "web business company" so that you can write off purchases such as: new computers, themes, plugins, anything you need for your website, for tax purposes? It seems like it would be worthwile to incorporate your web business name so you can pull some strings on your taxes.

Let me know if anyone has done this or has experience with it.

rollwithsoul15, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you not gonna buy a computer every year. plus there is a fee around $500 per year for the LLC renewal. so you can weigh your cost/savings.

webcosmo, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  3. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You don't necessarily need to incorporate or create an LLC to deduct business-related expenses. However, it certainly does give you a lot more leeway for other expenses. It could definitely be a good idea.

Not sure where this $500/year renewal fee idea is coming from. I registered mine for a one time fee of around $125 if I remember correctly. There is no renewal fees necessary. Maybe it depends on the state, but $500 for a renewal fee sounds ludicrous to me.

eugenefarber, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  4. mysteriox

mysteriox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, could you tell me where did you pay that low cost for LLC?

Thanks

mysteriox, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not worth creating an LLC, unless you already know its going to do a significant amount in sales. Start small and being smart, and look at the main foundations your business will make money. Why not form the LLC, when the website starts to bring in a couple of sales.

James Byun, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  6. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do two different ways, by going to websites that offer the service like legalzoom.com or just going through your state/ country where you from to file.

James Byun, Jan 2, 2013 IP