1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Extortion - The New Way to Make Money!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FindMyDIY, Jan 11, 2019.

I found this kind of comical and thought I should share.

This is what came up when joining a forum with an IP that has been banned/blacklisted.

You are unable to post. How to enable posting.
    Bitcoin Forum > Remove Proxyban
    Your IP address has previously been used for evil on this forum, or it is a known proxy/VPN/Tor exit node, so you are required to pay a small fee before you are able to post messages or send PMs. You can still use all of the read-only features without paying.

Your account contains 50.00 units of evil. To atone, you must pay a total of 0.00014097 bitcoins (0.14097 mBTC; 14097 satoshi). Pay to the address 3D2GPc9hQQ5QdVfrWGcYTqynVxFHkjJPMx. Once you have paid the full amount, wait a few seconds and then reload this page. If the fee is so small that your wallet is unable to send it, you can send any larger amount, though you will not be refunded the difference.

Alternatively, any forum staff member and some other notable members can manually whitelist you. Paying the fee is probably easier/quicker, though.

If you find any bugs in this system, email 4ward.com. For example, send email here if your payment is not registered an hour after sending it. (Note: exchangesoften do not actually send transactions until long after you submit a withdrawal.) The mere fact that payment is required for your IP address is never a bug. You will be permanently banned if you send email here requesting free whitelisting.

People commonly say, "I haven't posted anything before, so why on Earth am I banned?" You are not banned. Your IP address was previously used for evil, so everyone who uses that IP address has to pay this registration fee.

FindMyDIY, Jan 11, 2019 IP
  2. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    As they suspect, were you actually using a VPN/proxy when this happened?

Mehta, Jan 17, 2019 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  3. Sphor

Sphor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on your post i am assuming you are talking about a bitcoin forum. I know from personal experience that they can be very strict with their users as well as newcomers.

Couple things to note:
    - Tor and most VPNs will not work
    - Certain countries / ISPs are flagged as a risk and will give you the same error message

Found it pretty funny myself that they charge people to register if their IP is flagged. Never seen that before. That's one way to turn problems into profit i guess!

Sphor, Jan 26, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.