1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

forum sponsorship : how was this done ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by muchochiz, Mar 2, 2011.

i plan on creating a forum and i came across this forum http://www.dnforum.com/forum.php if you visit the page you would notice that there are sponsors button located above some categories (the right hand side of the category) , I never knew this was possible , i guess its another way of monetizing a forum , now i would like to know how this was done , did they contact the sponsors or did the sponsors reach out to them ? is there any forum webmaster out there who uses this method of monetization also ? please explain .

muchochiz, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    many forum owners use this.
    they are using vb. you can edit the vb templates to do the same.

webcosmo, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  3. muchochiz

muchochiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    what i was asking is how does a forum get a sponsor

muchochiz, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, with vBulletin you can do this - but people want to sponsor a forum that's good, and is worth it.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  5. Monkey Biz

Monkey Biz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's impossible to know if they contacted the sponsor or the sponsor contacted them.

dnforum is a pretty big site so it's possible that the sponsors contacted them. But it's also possible that dnforum just contacted different sponsors and some accepted their deal(just because they are big). I guess it would be very hard to get a small-mid size forum sponsored.

Monkey Biz, Mar 5, 2011 IP