1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nickyj83, Sep 2, 2008.

I am trying to setip a forum with phpbb, but when i get to the final stage. The create tables bit. Firfox trys to open the file index.php file.

And im stuck and cannot go no further!

nickyj83, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  2. sanokser

sanokser Peon

Best Answers:
    You sure you ready to spend the time to understand phpBB its not that easy script :p
    id recommend you using vBulletin or IPB , although they are pay 2 use , they are much easier :p
    if you want to test it out just get nulled version and if u really like- buy ;)
    u can find them on my website if you wish too xD widep.com or just visit signature link ,
    also if your host has futuristico , you can click install it too :p

sanokser, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  3. MarkusJ_NZ

MarkusJ_NZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What was the error message you were getting?

MarkusJ_NZ, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  4. nickyj83

nickyj83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only get an error message if i refresh and click proceed to next step again. then i get

A fatal and unrecoverable database error has occurred. This may be because the specified user does not have appropriate permissions to CREATE TABLES or INSERT data, etc. Further information may be given below. Please contact your hosting provider in the first instance or the support forums of phpBB for further assistance.

install_install.php [ 1194 ]

SQL : CREATE TABLE phpbb_attachments ( attach_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, post_msg_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, topic_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, in_message tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, is_orphan tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, physical_filename varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, real_filename varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, download_count mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, attach_comment text NOT NULL, extension varchar(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, mimetype varchar(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, filesize int(20) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, filetime int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, thumbnail tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (attach_id), KEY filetime (filetime), KEY post_msg_id (post_msg_id), KEY topic_id (topic_id), KEY poster_id (poster_id), KEY is_orphan (is_orphan) ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

Table 'phpbb_attachments' already exists

which is basically saying its already installed, but i didnt reach the final step. so it doesnt install properly!

Im with streamline.net anyone have this problem?

nickyj83, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  5. nickyj83

nickyj83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I finally sorted the problem. If anyone else using streamline.net has the same problem. Ask streamline.net to create a new mysql database on a different server.

Worked perfectly.

www.free-games-console.co.uk/forum/

Just needs a little editing now!

nickyj83, Sep 7, 2008 IP