1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Found a business partner, here are the terms. Be a witness!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012.

Hey Good People,

As the title suggests, I've found a business partner at this forum under the Partnerships section. His username is xInd (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=210202) and we've been talking since yesterday about doing some work together. After a lot of discussion, we finally settled over an agreement, we will be flipping sites eventually over long term. However, to start with, we are looking forward to build a long term site namely HowToFind.net

Quick terms:
    • I pay him $100 upfront, so that he could cover the "out of pocket expenses" (as he explains). He with his ready team build this site completely.
    • The domain is mine. Hosting anyone of us can do, not a problem.
    • CMS to use, Wordpress - Everything will be quickly setup to make it up and running.
    • Soon after, in 2 or 4 week maximum, He will complete total development of the idea.
    • Marketing will be mainly handled via him until the site generates money.
    • We will re-invest the earnings too and nothing more will be invested on my part until the site generates return.
    • First, my investment will be recovered, then the profits will be transparently invested back in to the site.
    • Finally, we both earn and make it huge!

What's the idea behind site? Let me exactly mention the words from xInd "HowToFind.net will be a wordpress multisite subdomain network with keyword based sites targeting business types and categories for local areas with content related to the industry. Free registration will be allowed to provide user generated unique content and a list of business owners/operators for later monetization both from targeted offers and from paid premium listings and namespace monopoly reservations. Google Adsense, CPA offers and 'buy this ad space' spots will be used for initial monetization."

If you would like to enhance our idea or add a different direction to it. Please guide us.

Now, xInd will reply to this thread agreeing to everything and then I pay him the money via Paypal. Finally, that's how the work will get started. It would be great to have many witnesses, it would help us to make sure we play fair to each other. At the same time, you guys will learn and it would be great to have you with us! :)

By the way, Mike and I have built a good understanding and business relationship. Having said that, since its our first transaction and we're just starting out, as I've faced scams. It was important for me to put up this thread and the great Mike instantly agreed to it. Thank you Mike.

Let's do a great job! :)

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
    xInd likes this.
  2. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey there GAdsense!
    Thank you for posting the details all together and organized! It will be a pleasure doing business together. I think this site will do very well, and we welcome input from DP users!
    I have agreed to your terms and I have setup the hosting account, installed wordpress and we're ready to go. Time to set the nameservers!
    Cheers!

xInd, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  3. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @xInd, Thank you for such a prompt response. Definitely, we are in touch with each other via Skype but to keep things crystal clear for DP members to follow and witness. I am glad you did agree to all of that. Made the payment, please confirm.

Let's make it happen! :) Ideas are welcome, please DP'ers.

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  4. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Payment received. I will continue some of the work while nameservers are propagating, however obviously the nitty gritty will have to wait on the domain propagation. Looking forward to a long and profitable joint venture together!

xInd, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  5. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Great. Let me attach the nameservers right away.

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  6. jimrom

jimrom Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on the Joint Venture, you two. Luckily, nameserver propogation doesn't take nearly as long as it used to. My most recent site was live in less than an hour after I switched the nameservers.

jimrom, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  7. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    @jimrom, thanks mate. Appreciate your humble response :)

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  8. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Nameservers updated. It should not take more than two hours for the site to go live on Wordpress. Hope xInd will do a great job with development. We're discussing. In the mean time, we'd love to hear your ideas. It would be so awesome to hear from you about what comes to your mind hearing

HowToFind.net

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  9. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Alright seems like the Wordpress is showing up now. Wow, good speed Godaddy! :)

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  10. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wow, yeah, that was really fast! Awesome! I remember when it used to take 36-72 hours back with the only place was InterNic / Network Solutions. I am just installing plugins and themes and converting to sub-domain install of multisite. Will be back in here to check responses and report in later on. :)

xInd, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  11. jimrom

jimrom Member

Best Answers:
    Since I'm in between writing projects right now and the last couple of threads I posted in got me in the mood for brainstorming, I'll throw some idea out there.

First, who is your target market going to be? For example, if you're going for a general public market, you've been beaten to the punch by a hundred other sites. I see an uphill battle to take business away from them. Not to say it can't be done, but it will be a challenge. I'm all about niche marketing, so I'm going to run in that direction here.

Without trying to sound like I'm turning the forums into a billboard for my services, I write a lot of PLR or Private License Rights content. I got out of it for a while, but I'm getting back into it now. Open up a new window in your browser and do a google search for "how to find PLR content" real quick. If you use the quotation marks, you'll get about 5 results. If you don't use the quotation marks, you'll get a few results that relate to the search, but a lot that are talking about how to sell PLR. By the way, I can tell you about half of those ideas don't work, I've tried them. Finding a good place to sell PLR and not lose half of your asking price to fees and commissions is a nightmare. I'm sure there are other niche categories that are the same way. While it would take a bit of effort in the beginning, what about doing some research into these niches, figuring out the places to find this sort of content, and making a directory service, complete with reviews. This could also lead to another avenue of monetizing, since a lot of sites like ClickBank allow you to use referral id's to earn a percentage on sales. And think about the niche suppliers that you could attract for advertising revenue.

After all, how to find gets about 124,000,000 global monthly searches, according to Google's keyword tool. If you set up your titles so that they look like "How To Find - PLR", etc., you could well be ahead of the game.

jimrom, Oct 4, 2012 IP
    xInd likes this.
  12. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Jimrom already informed us so I was ready to check every minute and violla, it works! :)

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  13. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    @Jimrom, amazing and elaborated response.

Right now, what we're thinking is making a site with the following pattern localarea.howtofind.net/businesstype so each of the states and country name will fall in to localarea placeholder, whereas cities will be used as tags. And the businesstype would be anything one is finding for, lawyers, SEO, dentists and just about anything at all.

Yes, people are typing > how to find abz, xyz so SEO wise it makes a lot of sense. At least we both see the opportunity there.

So mainly its for finding businesses overall, well yes and we're still working over the final idea but we do know where to start. For example, people even search how to find job, how to find passion and such things

that will probably fall under articles.howtofind.net/how-to-find-whatever category. We will discuss this as partners. Really need your opinion, it might help us. Thanks a lot :)

Keep the ideas coming. Who knows you might win some prize for sharing lovely ideas! It would take us sometime but when we become successful, we'll remember you! :)

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  14. jimrom

jimrom Member

Best Answers:
    Targeting local searches is a great idea, actually. I didn't go that route due to the amount of research that could end up going into it, but I see the potential there as well. With the proper scraper code, you could populate the database with the information needed according to the search, actually, so the research may not be a huge issue.

Actually, I see a lot of different ways you could run with that domain name, it just depends on what your vision is for the site. If you're looking purely for a passive, ad-revenue website, the local search route is probably one of the better ones. If you decide to aim more toward the informative article side, I'd still go with the niche targeting. For that matter, you could do both. For example, start with the local search idea and get that implemented, then move to the niche targeting idea once the search side is bringing in revenue. It's the internet, why limit yourself? I'm all about Multiple Income Streams.

jimrom, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  15. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Jimrom, you just summed up everything beautifully. I second that!

We're gonna work smartly but there are pros and cons to everything. We're trying to talk as much as we can but as partners we need to listen to each other and I'd like to hear out his ideas and let him feel the sense of complete ownership too. I feel that's important for all of us.

The best thing is we are connected via Skype, we understand each other and respect opinions. So at times he is leading, at times me,.... you get the idea.

Once again Jim, lovely comments! Thank you :)

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  16. jimrom

jimrom Member

Best Answers:
    Communication is vital, especially in a joint venture. I'm out of ideas for now, but I'll post if anything comes to mind. Gotta get to work on the next writing project, good luck to you both.

jimrom, Oct 4, 2012 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  17. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    @Jimrom, sounds perfect. Well, we both are trying our best. Obviously, there are difference of opinions and we respect it most of the times. Almost in touch one way or the other, here and there with my partner. I'd rather like to build it from scratch while utilizing available resources. But he has a membership for some system which we can utilize. Obviously, these are the reasons I've made upfront payment as I guess that was his point. Otherwise, so far we're working on our own without utilizing that money.

I am looking at the big picture though. :) Thank you!

GAdsense, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  18. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks JimRom and GAdsense. We've got a good start on things here, I think one key to success with this site could be to branch out a little bit by allowing other people to micro-JV to admin individual subdomain sites to handle a certain niche areas. Maybe Jimrom would like to setup plr.howtofind.net and fill it up with content and some shameless plugs to writing services and plr packages....?

xInd, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  19. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Keep us updated. Sounds like fun!

qwikad.com, Oct 4, 2012 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  20. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, it is. Not your typical project. I've been brushing up on multisite. I started with it back when it was called wordpress_mu and things have changed quite a bit over the years. I'm glad to be back at it, as it's a very powerful and versatile system to use.

xInd, Oct 4, 2012 IP