1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free email accounts?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kc3, Mar 3, 2005.

I was wondering, I recently parked a domain name for an email host I'm creating and I was wondering how many of you would use my service if I made it? It's going to offer free email @hackmyemail.com and if successful offer many other domain names plus the email accounts will be 500 MBs.

kc3, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Looks like gmail already has a head start...

fryman, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  3. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, yes, but many people said they'd use mine because of it's domain name. And well, I can get a few different features up. I may even increase the 500 MB space to some obscenely high amount. Though, I wouldn't have as good of a search capability. There are many email hosts out there. But I want to have a lot of domains that are creative and entertaining, though unlike a lot of email hosts like that I'll make my website match the domain names offered. And I'll advertise it to people who may want one, for hackmyemail.com, it could be geeks, hackers, or wanna-bes. lol

kc3, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  4. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    interesting idea....

joshril, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  5. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, yes, I believe it is. Any the domain names will be appealing to some people that don't pay too much attention to quality (though it will be good quality), so they won't just go after something like gmail, but go after one with an entertaining domain name. I tried to also get notachance.com but it was taken. That would be entertaining to some girls, so they could give some address @notachance.com to people. It'd be amusing so people would use it.

kc3, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  6. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    as somebody who offers free email from at my domain I would be very careful about offering it. It's really easy for people to abuse the email service and give you as the domain owner a bad name.

justtara, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  7. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the main thing about the website is the email hosting. Though I will be careful. I used to offer it on my current website and it did get abused. I'll handle it for this website.

kc3, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  8. Sonyboy

Sonyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I'm interested.
    Even more if you can make it possible to have Pictures in my Email sig.
    That would be cool as hell.

But yeah im intrested.
    as its free..
    lol

Sonyboy, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  9. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you could do that anyways if the viewer views the email as an HTML file. Though many email services or software only allow text or the user has it specified to only use text format. Though it'll be a while before I get it up, lol, I'm paying for a car right now, it'll be a couple of months but I'll get it up.

If it's a success at producing a small amount of income I'll make a free christian email host.

kc3, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  10. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds more like a scrificial lamb would want this one, not a hacker :)

J.D.

J.D., Mar 6, 2005 IP
  11. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, well, realy anyone interested in hacking or people entertained by it. Kind of like a shirt I have that says "I read your email".

kc3, Mar 7, 2005 IP