1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free hosting with your domains? Automatically install CMS scripts?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Typo3 Steve, Mar 21, 2008.

Hi,
    Im about to launch a service where webmasters can host their sites for free on my server... the only catch is that their sites must be using an open source CMS/script.

Basically, people would signup on my site, add new domains on my server, and auto-install CMS/scripts with just a few clicks. People would also be able to create subdomains of their domains to create new sites.

So far, I made the auto-install scripts for these CMS/scripts:

phpBB
    Typo3
    Wordpress
    Mediawiki
    Drupal
    Mambo
    Joomla
    OsCommerce

At last, there will be absolutly no ads on your sites, you will have ftp access to your account and hosting an unlimited amount of your domains will be totally free. Members will have 5 gigs of bandwith and 500MB storage for free. Members will also be able to download a backup of all the files they have on their account very easily. They will also be able to download database dumps very easily... so switching from my host to any other host would be VERY easy.

To make money, I will be selling ads on my support website and I will be selling bandwith if people exceed the 5GB/month.

Do you guys believe this could be a good service you guys would like to use? What other opensource scripts do you guys think would be nice to be added to the auto-install list?

Also, if you guys have suggestions/opinions, please feel free to share them!

Thanks a lot for your help guys,
    Steve

Typo3 Steve, Mar 21, 2008 IP