1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Free Tool] Take Back Your Short URLs

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Slincon, Feb 1, 2015.

Hi DP,
    We all use short url services to help us shrink the length of our social media messages. But I realized that after we send users to these links, we're losing out on giving them extra information or adding context to a URL.

As a test, I've created a new short url service I'd like to share with you - it lets you either shorten a URL (301 redirect) or optionally add a message that will be shown to users when they visit the link - this could be used in a number of ways from giving guidance /context/CTA back to your site/content.

Have a look and I'd love to know your feedback - this is entirely a prototype, so please don't abuse it and please provide constructive feedback (the script is entirely custom coded):
    Depending on interest, I might clean up the code & release it for free so anyone can use it.

Slincon, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  2. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I tried it and it worked perfectly. Really like the option of adding a message to the link. Very cool added to favorites :)

CobaltBlue87, Feb 2, 2015 IP
    Slincon likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll check this out. Thanks. Generally though, I use a full URL for SEO purposes.

danasurvey, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  4. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad it was helpful - let me know if there's anything I can improve!

Slincon, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  5. pactive

pactive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm...

I was blocked from visiting the website by my browser. It gave a security warning, but I visited anyway while sandboxed and it looks good.

pactive, Feb 17, 2015 IP