1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fresh Content

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sayyes, Oct 25, 2005.

Everyone says that "content is king" and I've heard you have to keep your content "fresh" if you want to stay high in the SERPs. The question is, how fresh?

Is adding content every hour over doing it?
    Is adding content once a week not enough?

I try to add content once or twice a week, but it's been tough even just focusing on two sites (I do it part-time).

I'd like to get some advice on how frequently to add content, and how much is too much.

I guess the only advice that I have to give, and maybe this is too obvious, is that I always make sure that the SEs have cached my site before I add new content. This way I get "credit" for it!

sayyes, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Worry about your visitors, not Google.

Crazy_Rob, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  3. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Yeah what Rob said, if people like your site and spread the word you'll get a lot more traffic than you would from Google.

Roman, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  4. sayyes

sayyes Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is, I have to get them there first to like it!

Couldn't that same response be given to almost all the SEO questions on this board? I'm not trying to be a jerk, so I hope this doesn't come across that way, but I don't see how my question differs from any other SEO question.

sayyes, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yes, what's good for your users is typically good for SE's.

People have credit cards, not search engines. :p

Just add as much unique, quality content as possible. Every week is definitely often enough.

Crazy_Rob, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  6. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    sayyes, a PC component review site is likely to see a lot of new content every week. A site about Napolean Bonaparte will tend not to have fresh content every few hours.

You could monitor sites in the DMOZ category that best matches your site to see how often they update. I'd aim to update at least as often as the best sites in there.

Hope that helps.

Merkersarl, Oct 26, 2005 IP