1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

From where should I start to earn online and more basic question

Discussion in 'General Business' started by techguyjr, Mar 11, 2012.

Hi Guys,
    I am new here and also in this field. I know some web programming like java/jsp/html/css/javascript etc and few web technologies. Also know some configuration for wordpress, joomla and magento etc.
    I don't know much about SEO, I mean just only know that it is search eng. opt but how it works or how one can use it to bring his site on top or bring trafic, I have no idea about this.
    Have some basic blogs in past 2 years and adsence on it and earn few bugs on it but then left it as it was not generating enough money as I was expected (but to be honest, I did not did effort too like I just submit links to search engine).
    Now I want to start it fully, by creating some good websites. My question is that, 1) from where should I start? adsence, amazon affiliate or some thing else? 2) Can I put adsence and amazon together on one website? 3) Can I also sell some thing my own product on a website where I had adsense and amazon affiliated already? 4) Where I can learn SEO from basic to advance? Does it worth to be a webhosting reseler or domain name reseller? and from where I can get idea what are they and how can I start? Can I create or install wordpress/magento/joomla tempaltes and make money? Should I learn facebook/twitter and are they helpful to earn money? How can one make money on facebook or twitter?

techguyjr, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  2. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    quite a few questions you have there. if youre referring to adsense + amazon's affiliate program on one site, yeah, you can do that. if you're talking about adsense + ecommerce, that seems kind of like a dim idea because people would be leaving your site and you'd be losing your traffic that way. you can learn SEO everywhere. just give it a search on google. also i'd recommend this: http://www.webconfs.com/15-minute-seo.php for a quick onsite SEO check list.

yes you can use a CMS (wordpress, magento, joomla) for your website. many people do.
    yes you can use facebook & twitter to profit.

Hoppus, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That tutorial on your link is very handy how to use keywords in the best way

richardm55, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Hello friend, if you want to find out more, please go to meet people at design and development area.

rith, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  5. techguyjr

techguyjr Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to thank you guys. That information is very useful for me. One more question, can you guys suggest me where to start? should I make some blog and put adsense and/or amazon? I am not hesitate to invest and hard-working and want to make living from it in future.

Thanks.

6. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe start with Blogger and YouTube. Put AdSense and Amazon on Blogger, and once you have some stuff posted on YouTube then try to get it so you can monetize the videos with AdSense. That is my suggestion if you don't want to invest money.

If you want to invest some money, then I'd suggest buying hosting from HostGator or DreamHost and buying some domains and then posting lots of high quality unique content to them... :)

mmm555, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  7. techguyjr

techguyjr Peon

Best Answers:
    I had bought some domains and hosting too. I want to upload it with tablets/notebook/computer reviews as I like to know and research on it. Now what Wordpress theme you would suggest, as I want to make top links/sublinks etc. like cnet type or any computer/technology reviews type site.

Thanks.

8. seamate

seamate Member

Best Answers:
    seamate, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  9. grandpalacehotelandspa

grandpalacehotelandspa Peon

Best Answers:
    you must promote your ads and also create separate blogger along with amazon, also visit: seologics in blog spot to get more info for seo...
    Like us @[video]http://www.facebook.com/grandpalaceyercaud[/video]

grandpalacehotelandspa, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  10. BooThemes.Com

BooThemes.Com Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think contents is king . Just build a good site , then you will have good rank

BooThemes.Com, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  11. NEWBIE34

NEWBIE34 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree content is king, but you also a good means to get traffic to that site so you can build a list

NEWBIE34, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  12. nukem

nukem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding Question 4 for SEO.

There are a lot of good places on the web talking about SEO. And there are a lot of high recommended and good reviewed books about this topic.

nukem, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  13. imbusinessman

imbusinessman Peon

Best Answers:
    hello,
    Not really sure what your business is or what you're trying to do online, but with the skills you have listed you could make a BOAT LOAD of money creating websites. Think about creating websites OFFLINE for companies that provide a service: Heating & Air companies, plumbers, beauty salons, barber shops, independent financial advisors, etc. If your listed as their COMPUTER GUY, you could set it up to receive an upfront fee for creating the site and a recurring fee for hosting accounts. You might actually make more money offline with your experience and skills.

imbusinessman, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  14. SamFrankly84

SamFrankly84 Member

Best Answers:
    If you're just starting out, the onyl thing that matters is that you read and start somewhere. Too many would-be-successful IMers get caught in the trap of reading too much and doing too little.

Also, don't spend a single dime. Ever. Learn to read the hidden details in people's posts and pick up on what people are doing with their sales pages and websites. Your best teachers are yourself and your competitors.

SamFrankly84, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  15. Genxscripts

Genxscripts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It all depend on your business idea. But mind you having website does not implies that you will make money from it. You still need to market and promote your website to get visitor or customers.

Genxscripts, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  16. imedia2011

imedia2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Which language are you considering to be the primary one used on the sites you develop?

imedia2011, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  17. techguyjr

techguyjr Peon

Best Answers:

I have worked on many languages but main are java/j2ee but now I am learning php and working on wordpress tempalates. I think they are easy to adopt and many work is already done and I can use them using plug-ins and proper theme. That is very good idea and I was also thinking of that thats why I started work in wordpress.
    Can you guys guide me if I want to start re-selling of domains and/or re-seller for webhosting, that from where should I start?

Thanks.

Is it possible if some one please recomend some good books and/or tutorials for SEO .. .thanks.

You are very right, I thought a lot of things and almost two weeks I am trying to work on many things but as per today I have nothing completed. So now I am trying to focus on one thing and start with it.

Thanks every body for wonderful guide. I appreciate your time and efforts and sincer coments.

techguyjr, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  18. techguyjr

techguyjr Peon

Best Answers:
    One question guys actually two...
    Between ebay affiliate and amazon affiilate program, which one is better to start with? and If i want to get reports which products are hot etc. how can I do that?

Thanks.

techguyjr, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  19. affkb99

affkb99 Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should start from a simple blog. You can create a brilliant design and write about stuff you like. You said you had some knowledge in programming. You can build a tutorial website with a forum and have a few software ads that's related to programming. Join an affiliate network after you got some content up and go from there. The ideas are limitless on where you can take a blog. You can post videos, articles from guest for more traffic, and much more. But judging from your last post, I would go with amazon affiliate program. You have an opportunity to scale up your profits the more you refer sales to their site.

affkb99, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  20. techguyjr

techguyjr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Affkb99,

That is good idea, I have 7+ years experience of Java and can write tutorials on java/jsp/c++ tutorials. I am also interested in new cell phone/tablet and laptops so I can make one blog for them too. Do you or any body guide me where I can get reports on amazon and ebay that which products or area is hot? and also where can I get report for the keywords which are hot and new?

Thanks.

techguyjr, Mar 27, 2012 IP