1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gallery 2

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by travoholic, Apr 26, 2007.

Hey guys,

I'm working on my travel blog and another site that needs a gallery (but not as part of a blog) and I'm thinking I should stop avoiding Gallery 2 and get it up and running.

Just a few questions though...

Can it be customised in the same way as Wordpress with CSS and tinkering here and there or is it more complicated? I'll want to make it fit in seamlessly with the look of my sites. Probably not something I really need to do but I'm annoying like that and like things to flow.

Is there some way to add some code to my pages that will bring up a list of random photos similar to the thing Flickr has? For an example check out http://www.oneweekjob.com on the right hand side of his page. If so, would it be possible to have several different ones, each taking random photos only from specified albums instead of from the entire gallery?

Guess that's it for now. It seems to have a lot of the features I'd need but those two things are fairly important as well.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions for programs that might suit my needs?

Thanks!
    Kirsty

travoholic, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  2. scaturan

scaturan Peon

Best Answers:
    using the ImageBlock module, G2 can display multiple blocks from a specific album.

have a look at codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Modules:imageblock

scaturan, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  3. travoholic

travoholic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that!

What about customising it... is it pretty similar to the process of customising Wordpress or is it more sinister?

Thanks,
    Kirsty

travoholic, Apr 30, 2007 IP