1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gaming Website - Good or Not Good

Discussion in 'General Business' started by biztrendz, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Cabrelle

Cabrelle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I own a few gaming sites. They are great. However, it's not the highest paying niche out there. On the flip side you can use Amazon Affiliate to generate sales on presales of new games or just regular sales.

Cabrelle, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  2. johnnyboy1988

johnnyboy1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    One guy i know opened gaming forum but that forum was more related to gaming cheats and stuff like that, now he leads more then 200k members and gets daily revenue from atleast 4 VIP subscriptions in value of 100 USD, i think gaming related forum is much better investment.

johnnyboy1988, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  3. revolverbloom

revolverbloom Member

Best Answers:
    The market is too competitive I'm afraid, If you really want to launch a gaming site out there, you will require a good amount of start up cash to get get some sort of leverage over your competitor sites. Even in doing so, it will still be very difficult to generate viable returns. If you look at games like farmville, mafia wars etc there are always incentives in place to come back every day and login. And there are also potential repercussions should you not login in, so therefore the dedicated gamer always gets rewarded, I would advise to incorporate this to somehow incorporate this to your site

revolverbloom, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  4. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you can do it properly, any topic is ok

rain21, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  5. brainstormingin

brainstormingin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can go into gaming niche but it is competitive. But the plus side is there are more than enough audience. You will need regular updates. The site will start earning after few months. It is easier to rank for smaller niche like "car racing games" or "Puzzle games for kids" or "Super Mario Games" or "Girls Dress-up games". Another idea is to make a site for specific language or country like a "flash game site in French". Its a lot of hard work but again nothing is easy. My 2 cents.

brainstormingin, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  6. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your valuable and realistic suggestions. I really appreciate it.

@Cabrelle, I would like to discuss few things regarding your response to my thread. Will send you a PM shortly.

Thanks,

biztrendz, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  7. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    Take that chance! No doubt, gaming websites would continue its popularity.

AlfredSiliano, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  8. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    gamin website is good if you provide online free game play option and paid option.

newlogo, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  9. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Paid option might be a no-no considering the number of free gaming sites available on the internet

smallbusinessguy, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  10. cikasaso

cikasaso Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, if you can manage to get a catchy name and have something original about your site. Also, you need a viral marketing campaign.

It depends on how you plan on promoting the site. As far as SEO goes, you can't compete with too many keywords. Search engines are the most valuable traffic source online but if you can find a good way to monetize lower quality traffic than you could focus on a wider variety of categories.

There are both. The biggest network that supplies free games for gaming portals is MochiMedia. They let you upload games to your site but all the games feature their ads. You will also get a cut from the ad-revenue that your site brings in, if you host the swf files on your server.

Hopefully that helps. PM me if you have any other questions. I am also just starting out in this niche and I don't mind helping out a fellow webmaster ;)

cikasaso, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  11. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much mate for the detailed response. Yet, this is the most helping response I have received so far (with facts and resource).

I will be in contact with you for further discussion.

Thanks,

biztrendz, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  12. cikasaso

cikasaso Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad the I could be of assistance. PM me with any further questions.

cikasaso, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  13. alex_e

alex_e Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you can check out avarcade its a arcade game script

alex_e, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's a few ways to go about it when looking for games.
    One way is to look for places that sell flash games as a package such as AV Arcade. Its a killer deal for a bunch of cheapy games.
    The second way is call MochiAds which is a system that places games in your site and you actually get paid when people play them. I cannot be sure how credible the company is for paying out but a lot of people use em so I think its all good. The downside to this sort of thing is I don't think you can create your own description for the games and without unique content it will be hard to rank up in google.

Laceygirl, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  15. ravenx25

ravenx25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have created a game site about 4 month ago, i have done just a little seo i am Google page 1 for several high target keywords, if you know seo and have the time to do the linking then you wont have a problem getting traffic

ravenx25, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  16. Jason C

Jason C Peon

Best Answers:
    biztrendz - most of these guys dont know what they are talking about. I as well run arcade websites (see sig) and they are very profitable. If you can do SEO, you can also be competitive in online arcades. Hell, you can even just buy and trade traffic and I know guys making a killing doing this.

Visit the arcade webmaster forum for more info, Im a mod over there and we're all very helpful!

edit: I only read the first page, but brainstormingin gave some good advice also.

Jason C, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  17. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of 'heavily' over saturated market imo...

~~~~, Nov 29, 2010 IP