1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gates Shorts Dollar!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Jan 29, 2005.

Well Folks, the guy who has the most dollars has lost confidence in the dollars he holds so he is now selling the dollar short.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&refer=news_index&sid=aO.Rl7JwFWy8

Why would he care? Bill Gates is investing money in China so fast that he could not care less if the dollar becomes worthless. Like most multi-national corporations Microsoft is outsourcing jobs to China and India.

Get ready to spend $5.00 a gallon on gas soon if the dollar declines as Mr. Gates is surely expecting.

Soon we will have two types of people in America, the rich and the slaves that serve them by working for peanuts to survive while paying top dollar for oil. How does Mr. Gates contribute to your wealth, how about Mr. Bush :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yay! Yay!

Let indian rupee gain more! ;)

But then, AdSense should start giving in ruppees. :D :D :D

Tuning, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Or you could just move to China and get a job where Gates is investing money and where everything is manufactured now, they pay almost as much as American jobs now!!!!

The USA is in deep debt to China and Japan so they are our masters, we have American executives and lawmakers to thank for this, they and all the President's men sold us down the river. :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    China is the place where our executives and leaders are investing money including Mr. Gates.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002164608_bloomfund30.html

What America is becoming is a consuming nation, not one that produces manufactured goods, fact is that manufacturing made America what it was, where we are going to be in 5 years is the question.

anthonycea, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  5. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    He's a businessman, making money is his business. With the incredible economic growth in China (near 9% Q4 wasn't it? :eek: ) it only makes sense to invest there.

However the US needs to do something about the falling dollar. 90% of my income is from you guys, but being here in England and the Great British pound being such a strong currency I might as well get paid in monopoly money. On the plus side is my servers and bandwidth run out cheap.

I say bring on the good old days when £1 == ~$1.6 :D

xml, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I can tell you where the falling dollar is going to lead, to $5.00 a gallon gas.

Runaway inflation, low wages, high interest rates (When Jimmy Carter was President they had to raise them to 21% to keep foreign investors from removing funds from US banks so the banking system would not collapse) and economic doom for American Citizens. Gold and Oil will shoot up in price (wonder who benefits from that folks).

The only thing that is good about it is that it makes American goods cheaper for offshore buyers.

We have been sold into this by Bush Senior and Cheney for a reason, they sack the US and bankrupt us and take the cash offshore (Swiss bank accounts) and then the taxpayers (working man) has to bail out the government over and over, just like we did when they sacked the savings and loans here in the states, Bush and his friends know first hand about that.

7. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    Pleased to hear it and I hope he makes another fortune as a result. He has donated $7.5 billion to fight AIDs in Africa and India already and last week pledged another $750 million to the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in addition to his initial $750 million in 1999. The original GAVI donation is estimated to have saved over 100,000 children's lives already. Pledging to divest himself of 95% of his fortune with these humanitarian philanthropic acts we can look forward to many more inspired donations in the future.

What ever I may think of his software Gate's knows how to make money and how to spend it for the benefit of humanity. The more he makes the better.....

- Michael

Michael, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Good post Michael, as any rich man must do to avoid paying taxes to the government he must give to foundations that interest him. Gates and his wife have chosen good directions for their money that otherwise would have to be paid to the US government. Good move on their part to do thus with their money.

But does that give him and other executives reason to abandon the USA and its people that made him his money in the first place? This trend of investing in China gives more and more momentum to the export of our capital to other nations.

We are already up to our necks in debt to China and Japan Michael. What will become of the USA if this trend continues Michael?

9. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

Anthoney did you hear this one... helping the poor and less fortunate by giving money to the government is like feeding the sparrows by first passing the grain through a horse :)

I think investing capital abroad must be a good thing in the long run for USA Inc. I don't mean spending capital abroad like successive governments seem to like doing.

- Michael

Michael, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That is great Michael, but you have also heard that if you don't take care of your own you are worse than an infidel, right?

What is going to happen to those hard working people in the USA that built this nation? Should we continue to transfer all of our economic might to China? China is a sworn enemy of the USA and Japan that supports North Korea and is sending weapons into the war zone in Iraq like there is no tomorrow. They also continue to threaten Taiwan and that could spark WW3 if that one breaks out.

Like I said, it is our businessmen and lawmakers and bankers that are selling Americans out.

Michael, you never have informed us what country you are living in I don’t think, where are you my man?

11. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    I am here in Europe right now working on the LHC computing grid. Five petabytes of data per year when it comes on stream :eek: Not quite Google levels but close....

- Michael

Michael, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So you are a programmer?

Networking man?

Researcher?

13. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

Researcher really I just do some of the theoretical stuff before the real experts move in. They are due to fire it up sometime late in 2007.

- Michael

Michael, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input Michael, you always make great posts here. :)

You say Europe, but where in the EU do you live :confused:

15. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

CERN is on the border between France and Switzerland so good skiing, good food and silly prices in dollar terms, gas $4.80 a gallon for a start :mad:

- Michael

Michael, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Is CERN a city, town, village, country, island, please tell us what it is Michael :confused: :p

17. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    This would be a interesting article here.

For every dollar that a US company spends on outsourcing a service job to India, how much net value is returned to the US?

Each dollar that a US company spends on outsourcing a service job to India generates an estimated 1.13 USD in net value for the US, according to a recent study in the current edition of the Milken Institute Review (reg. req'd).

While the outsourcing of jobs has become a hot-button issue for politicians and business leaders alike, a new study indicates that the actual impact on US workers is not as drastic as some may believe. A report by Lori Kletzer, an economist at the University of California Santa Cruz, studied the impact on American workers of non-manufacturing job loss due to free trade. Professor Kletzer found that between 1979 and 1999, 69% of US workers who lost a non-manufacturing job due to free trade found a new job within one year with an average salary equal to 96% of their prior job.

Source: Yahoo! Finance

maverick, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  18. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the article Maverick and the link to CERN.

Getting back to jobs lost in America. Do you know that one manufacturing job creates and supports 23-25 other jobs in the service sector and support and supply sectors. Bush has lost more manufacturing jobs than any President since Herbert Hoover.

One manufacturing job created creates jobs in construction, transportation, food service, maintenance, manufacturing supply and even medical and insurance to keep those employees in the plant going.

Not to mention administrative and office support for the plant.

That is the part of the article the good professor does not even cover, sure folks can find other jobs, but China's growth is being fueled by the manufacturing jobs I describe above.

Ask any economic development professional what kinds of industries they try to attract and 90% of them will tell you manufacturing jobs and that is what we are shipping to China.

Those are the jobs that built America and those are the jobs that will break America (the loss of manufacturing jobs) and everyone knows this.

20. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it sounds like China ate most part of manufacturing jobs in America. I can see 'made in china' in each and every small thing I go to buy in US market.

When I find 'Made in USA', I feel like some antique piece I found. And its truth.