1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GejoSoft.com - The Flickr Clone Fraud

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Gnet, Mar 24, 2009.

I want to share my experience with the people at www.gejosoft.com

i bought their 200$ image hosting script and fell into a horrible nightmare.

1. the script is not customizeable for shit, nothing is customizeable there is no admin panel to manage images and or the site details.
    2. whenever you upload an image it gets resized so it never ever shows the original size ever.
    3. the script itself is a nightmare to install and takes 2-3 days for them to do it for you
    4. you will hvea a hard enough time changing their name on the script the defualt name that is, for hours and hours because there is no way to change it yourself easily.
    5. support only gives you bullshit answers and ignores your questions half the time.

Gnet, Mar 24, 2009 IP
    Clive likes this.
  2. eddiemoth

eddiemoth Peon

Best Answers:
    glad that I saw this post.

eddiemoth, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  3. nepsterG

nepsterG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i,m agree with u,

nepsterG, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  4. martialartslovers

martialartslovers Peon

Best Answers:
    I must admit that the package is very complicated as far as visual customization is concerned. There is a CSS, but you'd need to edit a lot more template files and controller files.

Moreover, in tens of template controller modules the name of 'Fociki' needs to be changed manually into your own website name. This is the most annoying thing. Why not just use a global variable that can be set from the admin? Such as Sitename..

If you ask their Support for help in coding, then you do not get any answer. They do not have a technical forum, no user community, no support wiki, nada! The Support Team happens just to be one anonymous person.

You have to be a very patient programmer to even superficially mod the package by yourself. Only after weeks of reading through all the code I finally understand the working. But it took gallons of black coffee at the midnight hours!

To create a whole new template, to stay apart from the default template, is a major undertaking.

There is no way to include a help or FAQ page for example. So I put inline help text into the edit pages.

There is no tag admin, so any user can enter any photo tag, so the tag cloud gets easily messed-up. As a work-around I put sample tags in the edit page so the user can copy/paste tags into the tag fields of the photos.

Last but not least. Version 1.11 is the one that runs fine. I would definitely *not* recommend to install v 1.12 or beyond, because the package includes login sharing code for sites like facebook, twitter, etc. and that stuff is buggy. The site simply shows blank pages and crashes. And you are obliged to sign-up at gigya.com for those 3rd party services to get API keys and personal link code. If you want more than a few major social networks to be included in the login sharing, then you have to pay each month a bunch of bucks!

In older IE browsers, such as v 6 and 7, the site frequently does not load and shows an error message a la server busy etc. Firefox has no problems. It might have to do with the caching system behind the software.

In the core config you must set the caching method, but there it says that you'd have to change the controller files accordingly. But it is not stated what and how!

Yes, it works fine. It does what they say it does. It has no bugs. It needs customization, simple things such as putting the search box on the mainpage for both guests and sign-in users, complex things such changing your site name.

Sorry about this lengthy posting, but I feel it as important to share my experiences.

martialartslovers, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  5. Jaeger

Jaeger Banned

Best Answers:
    Must care when you are choosing any clone providers because in that process you are spending your valuable money, time and dreams of new business. Through many research on website clones I always suggest everyone for custom development solution because it gives all the important features and give assurance of lifetime profitable business. Customized Clone gives you robust, scalable, user and search engine friendly website, taking less time to load, responsive and unique design and one most useful things is that it gives you 100% copyright and ownership of design, images & database, so in future you can feel free to sell it. I have checked good reviews of NCrypted Technologies to customize most popular Website Clones.

Jaeger, Apr 22, 2013 IP