1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

General Info regarding selling Ebay business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by janasue320, Jun 14, 2011.

First of all, please re-direct me if I'm posting in the wrong category.
    I have an Ebay business which currently generates $16,000 - $22,000 a month in sales (profits run around $8000-$12000 a month). I have made a good living but am really ready to semi-retire. Is it possibly to sell an Ebay business, as far as selling all of the product plus the user ID and feedback? Wondering if anyone has any advice/expertise/opinions on this. Thanks in advance!

janasue320, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can do it.

How long you have been generate this kind of income?

mentos, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  3. janasue320

janasue320 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been in business 9 years. Sales have been consistent for the past 5 years or so. The last 2 years sales have dropped quite a bit as I was maintaining $25000-$35000 a month in sales for a few years. I don't have much help. I have someone that ships for me, and one person that helps me list.

janasue320, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  4. IamPower

IamPower Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know if eBay allows to sell its account name - probably should contact ebay, or message on ebay forums.

That's such a nice figure of income - well done for maintaining something like that for so long.

IamPower, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  5. janasue320

janasue320 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I started wondering if the business as a whole is worth anything -- and if I could actually sell it. I have 25000+ positive feedback and am a top seller but I don't know if that is really a factor at all anyway but the groundwork has obviously been done, and the business volume speaks for itself. Have been checking around here and there. Thanks for your response!

janasue320, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  6. GMC

GMC Member

Best Answers:
    The income stream in valuable

Its just IF you can buy your ebay name - Do you use ebay only, or is there another site you sell through?

GMC, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  7. janasue320

janasue320 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had my own e-commerce website but actually it wasn't worth keeping open. I do believe that someone who knew how to market it and freshen the site could have done better but I ended up just staying with Ebay as that's where the traffic is. I'm not e-commerce savvy at all and found that regardless of anything negative about Ebay, it still generates the most views, purchases, etc.

janasue320, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  8. pmbrent

pmbrent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think you should sell it all, if you're making that kind of residual income and have built that strong of a reputation you have to keep that. Instead try outsourcing the workload, possibly hire a secrectary or someone to run the business so it's completely hands off for you.

pmbrent, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  9. janasue320

janasue320 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good idea... to delegate more, and get some help. I do think I will at least downsize a bit and keep the business but sell higher end items. I appreciate your input. It's been a good little business and well worth the effort and time, that's for sure.

janasue320, Jun 26, 2011 IP