1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Generating Traffic From Digg

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nickstan, Oct 25, 2007.

While submitting your story to digg or propeller is easy, but getting traffic from them is not. You may get a few hits to your site but the real goldmine is on the FrontPage. Getting your story FrontPage takes a little time and effort.

A credible profile plays its part on getting your story FrontPage in a shorter time and with fewer votes. Once you have get your story FrontPage say more than 15 -20 times, you will find it is easier for you to get your story FrontPage even those spammy stories.

To build up your credibility, you must submit credible, non-spammy stories. To do so, just visit a few credible news sites and submit them to digg. The more controversial the story is, the more votes you get and the burial squad will likely try to bury your story too but it does not really matter.

You will find political and world news are hot property in Digg.

Next step is to find some friends. Add at least 20 friends and a few more fans.

Now for the story itself, titles are key followed by your story description. Get attentions seeking titles with controversial description? Examples “Apple buying Microsoft” though that won’t happen anytime sooner but with type of title you won’t even need BeSplashy to give you a head start!

Once you build up your profile you now notice it takes you 30 or even just 14 diggs to get to FrontPage and without building up your profile you need at least 50 votes to get FrontPage.

If you need an initial boost to your submitted stories, there are services out that they will provide you a place to exchange votes such as:

DiggBoss
    StumbleXchange
    StumbleExchange

and I am also offering such services for free, visit:
    Social Media Votes

nickstan, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  2. zaifulzin

zaifulzin Peon

Best Answers:
    already join

zaifulzin, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  3. RockDiesel

RockDiesel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only reason I use digg is to submit new articles and websites so they get indexed much quicker. I am not worried about the traffic.

Thanks for sharing your tips though. If I want traffic from Digg, I may implement them in the future.

RockDiesel, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  4. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many members does DiggBoss have?

himanuzo, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  5. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    But do social bookmarking visitors ever buy anything? They're in a "look at a bunch of websites" mode, staying on each one a few seconds. Doesn't seem very targeted to me.

Of course, it can't hurt if it's easy. Good post.

LongHaul, Oct 25, 2007 IP