1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting exposure and traffic with Linkedin

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Kazarak, Aug 10, 2011.

I would like to use social networking to get exposure for my writing service and I figure LinkedIn would be the best place to hook up with the professional crowd.

Does anyone have some tips for getting more traffic/connections in LinkedIn? What is the preferred method of reaching your LinkedIn connections, messages or status updates? Are groups useful at all for getting targeted traffic?

Kazarak, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  2. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are ways to leverage the power of LinkedIn and draw more traffic to your site:

First, build better connections. Sharing articles with your connections can create traffic. Probably not a lot — who has time to read everything everyone shares? — but certainly some, especially if those connections are meaningful. Take a little time each week to build your network, but remember: Quality is definitely more important than quality. Building 30 connections who appreciate and read what you share is better than cobbling together 300 “oh, what the heck I’ll connect with him” strangers only interested in boosting their connection totals.
    Then join the right groups. LinkedIn Groups can be powerful, especially if you join relevant groups. Membership is opt-in, so people in a particular group are already interested in that field or topic. Understanding and fostering those interests can help broaden your reach beyond your immediate connections. But only share with a group when you know the content will interest the group. Abuse your “power” and you’ll lose it.

stevenyoung, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  3. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well never really hurts to experiment does it? One always learns something new and the experience is great as well if it works out. Will be revisiting to check on your reviews on this one.

unknownpray, Aug 26, 2011 IP