1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting More Followers

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by I.LuV.ManUTd!, Mar 5, 2010.

Hey,

How have you got more followers? I want to make my Twitter account good so I get quality traffic to my site.

Regards,

I.LuV.ManUTd!, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  2. I.LuV.ManUTd!

I.LuV.ManUTd! Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on guys, surely someone can help me out :)

I.LuV.ManUTd!, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  3. hackettl21

hackettl21 Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all you absolutely don't want to use any auto follow programs because you will get a lot of followers BUT they won't be targeted followers. You want targeted followers that are going to be interested in your niche or area of expertise so that you can use that traffic to sent to your blog, convert to sales, etc. On your end, only follow people that you are genuinely interested in and interact with them frequently, most will follow you in return. You may also want to use MrTweet for find people that share your interest and have a reputation for following back. Make sure that you are always providing quality content in your tweets so that you can increase your retweets. Any time you post new information make sure you share it or share a link to your new pages in order to drive traffic.

These are just some things that I can think of off the top of my head, hope it helps!

hackettl21, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  4. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to get targeted followers. First - you have to find them - they are usually in groups - then follow them. Usually, they will follow you back.

bigcat1967, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  5. Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yep, as far as following goes, the only followers you want are those who have a vested interest in you and your service. on that basis, the only way to reach these people is by doing some research and searching for tweets and profiles with your key words and then following them and hoping they reciprocate.

Abu Dhabi, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  6. Tracey1

Tracey1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree, find the top earners in your niche and follow who they are following, they will be targeted followers

Tracey1, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  7. khongwir

khongwir Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of unwanted followers is of no good. Try getting quality followers by improving your content and get targeted followers. Also as always make sure you get your niche areas right.

khongwir, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  8. Pearlydean

Pearlydean Peon

Best Answers:
    I have several twitter accounts in different niches with my main account pearlydean having over 22,000 followers. I use tweetdeck to see when people are tweeting about me or retweeting my joke and quotes and interact with them on there. My retweeted jokes get me lots of new followers!

Pearlydean, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  9. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    You should find targeted audience and follow them & interact with them

desperateboy, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  10. kelvinforweb

kelvinforweb Peon

Best Answers:
    just search targeted user, follow them, follow related pages, post comment, post interesting article, join group related with your subject and then you will find people are starting to follow you. it is a gradual process and you will have to wait for the same.

kelvinforweb, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  11. freshware

freshware Peon

Best Answers:
    Really i know about twitter but i do not know http://mrtweet.com , so i am very thankful to you for this good tool.

freshware, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  12. celinamatty

celinamatty Peon

Best Answers:
    yaah its a ri8 way to find more followers

celinamatty, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  13. ChristinaK

ChristinaK Peon

Best Answers:
    You basically have to spend the time and do the dirty work yourself to get the target audience you are looking for. Seek out similar keywords and follow people who are talking about topics in your niche. Find leaders in your field and follow their followers. That way you are getting people who are actively seeking out followers like you and are much more inclined to follow you. Do not waste your time adding people outside of your niche. They won't care about your products if they have nothing to do with their niche. I will follow almost anyone who follows me back but I will never seek out a person selling hard to find domain names when I am targeting mothers and new parents. This will be a very time consuming process so don't expect an overnight success. I have spent about 7 months and am just about to 5,000 followers. I tweet several times per day and seek out new followers every week or 2. Its not easy or fun all the time. It needs to be part of your marketing campaign so dig in and get used to it. Eventually you can move people to your site and in the meantime you can gain valuable backlinks everytime you post a link back to your site or blog.

ChristinaK, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  14. celinamatty

celinamatty Peon

Best Answers:
    gr8 tips its helps us

celinamatty, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  15. Jeremy Morgan

Jeremy Morgan Peon

Best Answers:

I would have to disagree, I sell a product that does autofollowing, and follows people based on keywords, or who they are friends with. Not all autofollowers are the same.

As for the rest of your post I agree 100%. You have to follow people who are interested in a common niche, and your product has to fit into their needs. Follower chains and pyramid plans may up your follower count, but those followers are just people trying to up their own numbers, and most likely will not be interested in anything you have to post .

The most important thing is to create good tweets. If you tweet something helpful, funny or otherwise useful people will re-tweet it for you. Others will see that and see what else you ahve to say, and possibly follow you. Put out good content and soon you'll be getting followers without doing a single thing.

Jeremy Morgan, Mar 18, 2010 IP