1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting on digg front page?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by SGBoise, Dec 5, 2008.

1. greenghost

greenghost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10 diggs are nothing. Hitting front page for any submission depends on manything.

1.If Poeple who are not your mutual friends digg your submissions it gains a great value.
    2.comments and getting bump the comments are important.
    3.you need a fixed ratio to get diggs per hour to get the front page easily.
    4. DUPE story(if it hit the FP once) cannot get frontpage.
    5. HOT stuffs.. i mean the story you submit if that is recent or something strange or very useful, can get the Front page easily with in 12 hours.

These are some criteria.there are also some more....
    Normally with in 24 hours a submission can take place to the front place with 50+ diggs.after 24 hours, there is no chance to get the Front Page.

One of my submission get front page by getting only 58 diggs with in 9 hours.

I hope these information will help you a little bit.:)
    But if you really want to get your story in frontpage,try to become an active member.and alwayz keep digging and commenting.

Thank you

greenghost, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  2. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the awesome replies. This may be a stupid question, if someone submits a dig is someone else able to submit the same url?

SGBoise, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  3. greenghost

Best Answers:
    yeah he may submit the same link.
    but what i mean is that same story in different blog.

greenghost, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  4. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok but here are some questions:

1) What is the limit of when people start recognizing the digg, and start digging or burying. In other words, is there an exposure limit, where you need let's say, 30 diggs or something to make sure people notice.
    I do not believe that those that get on front page, got on there because they were simply incredibly useful, I believe they got on there because some members helped it get to a certain point, after which it snowballed. (like an uphill battle until a certain diggs).
    People bury stuff all the time, and you cannot predict what will or won't get buried, i think it all depends on exposure to a content that is useful and not bullcrap.
    2) It seems like only certain qualities are needed for a digg to stay FP.... like extremely funny, entertaining... strange.... or extremely useful or benefits the person to do something cool (like hacking a soda machine or some shit). If it's something that just teaches something (even if its useful) i don't think can be successful on front page unless it has one of the previous qualities.

Tarkan, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  5. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, digg encourages asking visitors of your site to digg your article, if they like it. It even provides buttons for your site, which make this process easier.

peepin2me, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  6. TDPStore

TDPStore Member

Best Answers:
    I dont remember but i think it was 10-40 or something.

A friend of me , got on Digg frontpage after 1000 digs.

TDPStore, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ORZ, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  8. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    usmanzali, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  9. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like Digg much either, I like it for entertainment, and if you're not doing an entertainment article, or a crazy/news article, no one will digg it.

Tarkan, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  10. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The FASTEST way to get diggs and appear on their frontpage is by having your friends or other webmasters digg your story. Also, remember that there's no set number of diggs needed, since it depends on your category and niche. I believe political diggs need 5, and diet niche needs around 50.

bobbylove321, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  11. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think political diggs needed like 500, back during the election cycle.

Tarkan, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  12. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn, he is persistent, I'll give him that.

SGBoise, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  13. mtime88

mtime88 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are certain sites where you can purchase diggs. I guess since selling diggs is "outlawed" here, I cant provide a link either. If your persistent you might be able to turn up something via google.

mtime88, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  14. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say ultimately you will need to rely on people that use digg themselves. If you think about it there is a small chance that someone that visits your has a digg account. If they don't have an account they aren't going to take the time to create one.

Other the other hand if you make friends with active digg users then it will be a lot easier to get diggs.

SGBoise, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  15. UIS4821

UIS4821 Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg can bring you a alot of traffic in a short amount time. However, everytime someone tries to hack the system it always seem to backfire on them.

UIS4821, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  16. Farmer77

Farmer77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I frequent Digg a lot and I must say, getting your story to the front page is not that easy. Digg is like office politics. You need friends, a lot of friends, to get your stuff dugg. And you also need to befriend the popular Digg users, because they carry a heavy influence to what gets on the front page. To do that, you have to contact them and digg up every story that they submit. That's how many of them got to where they are, by frequently digging other people's stuff...they digg waaay more than they submit. Some digg several articles a minute, which is bullshit because no one can read that fast. They are doing it because many other top users are digging their stuff in return.

I would like to say content is king, but not on Digg. You can have the most well-written and interesting story, but if you're a nobody, you will be lucky to get several diggs, while the popular users can submit a video of paint drying and that will have a better chance of getting on the front page.

So network on digg and understand that you need to scratch other people's back for them to scratch yours.

Farmer77, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  17. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey, just posted a Content & I got 17 Diggs :D
    But, my other content have just 2-3 Diggs :(

GokuDBZ, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  18. greenghost

Best Answers:
    First make a good friend list with power diggers, then submit your stories...
    and also digg all other submissions how much you can.
    With a good amount of mutual friends and with a good content you will get more diggs :)

greenghost, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  19. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you mean, if I write something that is jaw-dropping and just add it to Digg, I will get to the first page without shouting it to friends? Oh, well, no offence , but I don't agree.

tankard, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  20. ltdraper

ltdraper Peon

Best Answers:
    Great content is not enough to succeed on Digg. You must have a large list of "offsite friends" that will digg your stuff, as well as an onsite friend list that will digg you reliably.

Diggs from shouts barely count. Don't bother shouting, it's a waste.

Diggs from mutual friends don't count for much either. But you need some. If you don't have many mutual friends, you've got a weak account.

Diggs from more powerful accounts will help -- Digg tends to discount the diggs from weak accounts. You can't just get 50 people to create accounts and vote on a single story. It won't go anywhere.

Get to know the powerful people on the site and try to move them from onsite friends to offsite friends that you can send an AIM or an email to when you need some Diggs. Get a list of about 150 of these, and only ask about 50 of them in any given campaign for a Digg. The same people digging your stuff will get noticed and discounted.

Don't bother trying to promote stuff that is blantantly commercial. It will get buried, hard. Instead, post interesting things that are perhaps surrounded with other links to stuff you'd like to move people into.

Digg is a lot of work -- there are no free lunches. But the SEO value of a successful Digg campaign is huge, and the traffic numbers can be stunning. If you can monetize from traffic only, it's where to be.

Sorry for the long post, but this is pretty much all I write about.

ltdraper, Dec 8, 2008 IP
    tankard likes this.