1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting revenue streams...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by obay, Dec 27, 2012.

Hi there,

I'm just wanting some advice really, I've been building an search engine for 5 years on and off and now I've finally got something put together and is working absolutely fine, bots are working out and spidering as many websites as possible. Results are coming back "OK" but I would like some help on how to make a revenue stream for the search engine? I've got a few ideas but I think it's copying and not interested in copying.

It's still in dev and I am beta testing it. Can anyone shread some light on a revenue stream for this?

Thanks.

obay, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  2. NickGoodall

NickGoodall Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, facing the mother giant Google there!

My first thought was to simply do what Google has done, ads on the right and above all the listings. But if you consider that copying then maybe you shouldn't..

You could also do what Google hasn't done, and that's to have an ad on the front page of the engine (Google have been over $10million for an ad in that space but they've refused), however I doubt you'll be getting those kind of offers, no offence! Also maybe a text ad at the top of the front page. Basically any other advertising.

Other than ads I'm not sure what you could be doing, maybe I'm just not being creative enough.. To be unfair you could have people pay you for better rankings, but that's a bit sketchy :p

Whatever you do I wish you good luck with the venture! It seems ambitious but I'm sure you'll be able to pull off something :)

NickGoodall, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  3. obay

obay Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

No, won't get people to pay for ranking haha. I think I'll be doing the advertisement network.

Thanks.

obay, Dec 28, 2012 IP