1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

getting started

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ddaisy, Apr 12, 2010.

I'm just looking for everyone's opinion on this...

I'm somewhat new to the internet commerce game. I own an online jewelry site that has about 6K in revenue, 3K in profits every month, but that's small fries compared to my real 9-5 job. I'd like to get deeper into ecommerce, but I'm smart enough to know that there are 20 year old college kids more educated in the industry than me.

So... As I think deeply about the endeavor, I realize that my assets are: Capital (lots of it) and business experience (corporate world). Is there anyone that has advice on how to get started with this?

Or, looking at it another way, is there anyone that wants to use my two assets to complement there own? If so, shoot me a message.

ddaisy, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  2. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To help, you would need to provide additional information on what you are looking to accomplish and goals. Money and experience in a real world business is not going to be enough.

Barefootsies, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  3. ddaisy

ddaisy Peon

Best Answers:
    My end goal is to own 1 or more low-maintenance websites that can be my sole income. Based on my existing savings, I really only need to make about 36K (3K/month) total from that/those sites to get by with the lifestyle I want to live, and be completely mobile and not tied down to one area or job.

Does that help?

ddaisy, Apr 12, 2010 IP