1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GlobMob -- Startup Ideas (Glob is geek/programming for 'matching')

Discussion in 'General Business' started by patrickcurl, Jan 14, 2013.

Awhile ago when going through some programming tutes I saw the word glob, and thought wow...that's a cool word. I like it. I started brainstorming on domains and globmob.com was purchased...

Alas, that's where my thought processes stopped. I'm a ruby on rails coder, so can develop something really cool, if I can just figure out what to do...I'd really appreciate ideas....

Some things I think could work are :
    - a Match-making service for coders to find people to practice pair coding with.
    - a hackathon listing site with crowdsourcing...
    - TaskRabbit for coding / software / pc troubleshooting / home automation / other tech issues.
    - Site similar to FieldSolutions.
    - Something disruptive, that I haven't thought of yet - this is where you come in!

Anxious to see your ideas... Might even reward you nicely if it makes a profit.

patrickcurl, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  2. Manuel32

Manuel32 Peon

Best Answers:
    I didnt know about this word, ;)
    You can make a taskrabbit clone, this days are very popular, and you can add a branch on Github as open source project ;)

Manuel32, Mar 6, 2013 IP