1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

God Bless Bruce Springsteen!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Nov 2, 2004.

Many artists are out on the trail to help young folks understand that we need to make change in this country.

The most high profile artist has been Bruce Springsteen, I like the guy more than ever now.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Kerry+Springsteen&sp=1&ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp&SpellState=n-3739512996_q-XsYD0C3HO7yurfDfMavyrgABAA%40%40

He has the guts to get out and campaign against the right wing war and oil criminals and is a true American who seeks to bring light to the young folks and get them involved.

Too bad many have to wait in line in America to vote for up to 6 hours.

This country has a long way to go before we are out of the woods.

anthonycea, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  2. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    A norwegian newspaper just took a pool and the support for president Bush is now 7%.

Norway has an population of 4.5 million so roughly 315.000 Norwegians (including myself) are today hoping for a republican victory. Every Norwegian TV station, radio channel and major newspaper has a election staff in the US, and we will be watching the counting directly on TV.

QUESTION: Do Bush have any support from musical bands and artists? I suppose most christian artists support Bush?

source: http://www.idag.no/ledere-oppslag.php3?ID=5686

Sorvoja, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That is one ugly avatar in addition to a very ugly message :) :D ;)

4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Why does Norway care?

T0PS3O, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  5. Sorvoja

Best Answers:
    The US is very important to us. If there ever is another war we expect you guys to comeover here and help us fight our enemies. We have not forgotten the support you gave us in the WWII and in the cold war. There was a time when we feared a war with the Soviet union.

Sorvoja, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your country lives in f.e.a.r. (false expectation appearing real that is).

Next question: Why Bush then? If 3% would vote Bush in your country, does that mean 90%-ish votes Kerry?

T0PS3O, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  7. Sorvoja

Best Answers:
    That is correct, most people here strongly dislike Bush. Many blame Bush for putting us in a position where we are now fearing attacks by al-Quaeda and for misleading us into beleiving that there ever was a just cause for a war against Iraq. We have not had any real terror attacks in Norway since the attacks by Mossad in the 70's, so the threats are being taken seriously.

Sorvoja, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  8. Geir

Geir Berserker

Best Answers:
    Well, here is another Norwegian hoping for Bush :)

I think it is very unlikely that only 3% of the Norwegian population supports Bush, although it is certainly no surprise that Kerry might be more popular.

Geir, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Geir, can we send the entire Bush family to live with you after they lose the election tonight? :)

America will not miss them ;) :p

10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Did anyone here in the UK watch that documentary last night called (I think) "The Dirty Election"? Must have been Channel 4 or BBC.

Pretty interesting views. Interesting how the population gets fooled around with. Even more interesting (if indeed true) is how the whole choice of the new mr P comes down to 0.05 whatever % of voters in those swing states.

Can anyone tell me though, why is it based on States and not just a nationwide count? It doesn't make sense to me because now they only focus their race on those few who can make or break the election. Not on the entire nation. Sucks IMO.

T0PS3O, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Because each state has it's own election laws and process, the electoral votes from each state determine a winner takes all vote from the individual states.

American elections are flawed as NBC newsman Tom Brokaw mentioned this morning, new federal election laws need to be enacted that makes the playing field the same in each state and puts and end to individual states having differing election laws and processes.

12. Sorvoja

Best Answers:
    read this:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/electcollege.htm

what a crazy system.

Sorvoja, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Right. So theoretically, the democrats could have 49% of the votes in each and every state, with the republicans getting 51% but then it will go down in the books as a 100% victory?

Sounds fundamentally flawed to me indeed.

What happened to the ballots that were lost in Florida? Will we have the same shambles as last time?

I only follow it out of sheer amusement. Laughing about all these shenanigans is all you can do really as an outsider. But you citizens seem to be the victim of their flawed interests. I bet you guys don't find it funny at all.

T0PS3O, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You know what would be better, for all of us to have the opportunity to vote online, on a secure server, this will happen in this nation as the current system is completely flawed and can NOT be fixed.

Why should paper votes have to be transported, counted by hand in many cases, subject to being stolen.

Why should paperless touch screen machines be used that the voters must stand in line for 6-12 hours to even access? This causes many not to vote at all. In Jacksonville, Florida, the largest city in square miles in the nation some poor folks can not drive to the polling station (they can't afford to pay Bush to vote against him, OIL $2.30 a gallon) since it is so far away, up to 60 miles away from home.

It would be much more fair to have an internet election, PERIOD.

American's need to wake up fast.....

Who do you trust to guard a bag of votes, some fat Republican Sheriff in Florida, how much worse could the system be?

15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Let me guess... Whilst queing up to vote you get some last minute 'bribes' to vote Monkey? Or some last minute attempts to discredit Kerry?

I doubt it actually matters that much who will be your next mr P. They aren't the ones in charge anyway. All I want is that idiot's face off the telly...

T0PS3O, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  16. rth

rth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why would a Christian support Bush?

rth, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Like James Carvel said, you should have your head examined if you vote for Bush. :confused:

18. Sorvoja

Best Answers:
    Bush is a born again christian, I have not heard Kerry talk much about his faith. And then there are issues like abortion and gay rights.

Sorvoja, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Must be a false religion because the one that is in the bible does not believe in thefts and killings for no reason ;)

20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Yes.

Most of these Musicians support George W. Bush.

Will.Spencer, Nov 7, 2004 IP