1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Going to Start a WebHosting Company Need Tips/Precautions etc to be taken

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sourabhj, Oct 6, 2010.

Hello All,

Iam planning to start my own Webhosting Company/Service , which is almost ready to be launched , but i Request all Dp members to contribute their opinions , Tips , Marketing Ideas, and precautions.. I have some checklist which iam concerned mainly, if any one can share some information that would be very helpful.BTW iam planning to get a dedicated server.

1) Where should i Market My Webhosting?, I have DP Buy/Sell Area, and other forums and social networking sites, Google Adwords in Mind.

2) What Precautions should i take?.

3) Should i go for some Server Hardening/Monitoring services?.Any Suggestions? and precautions i should take while considering these services?.

4)Should i Outsource Customer Support too?.

6) Which Payment Processor to use, i came up with Alertpay and Paypal at the moment.

5) What Else iam missing :)

Thanks a Lot Friends , Waitng for a Quick reply from DP...:)

sourabhj, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  2. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) It is worrying that at the eve of launching your company you do not know where to market it. The marketing would depend of the niche you are targeting. If you are targeting local clients then DP would pretty much be useless, you will need instead to talk to local businesses or your city chamber of commerce.
    2) Cash flow. Make sure you always keep sufficient money aside as not being able to pay bills can make a company bankrupt
    3) Platinumservermanagement for server hardening/management and Wormly for server monitoring.
    4) This would depend of your budget, you can start by yourself and depending of the growth of the company bring in some outside support staff later on.
    5) Paypal and wire transfer should be fine for a beginning.

Good luck for your project. Web hosting is not easy but there is definitely a lot of earning potential in it if done right.

seo4china, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  3. sourabhj

sourabhj Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, and Wishes.. Well regarding the Marketing thing , i already have in mind about targeting local customers :), i was worried about the Online Part, but thanks for pointing it out..
    Thanks once again for sharing your Views and Information..
    Further Comments are Welcome.. :)

sourabhj, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  4. TightSRV

TightSRV Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't even worry about online clients at first; market yourself to local clients, trust me its much easier to get yourself off the ground with that.

TightSRV, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  5. rofro

rofro Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, the competition will be much lower with this approach. If you are able to provide businesses web design, it will make your offer even more attractive.

rofro, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1.Buy sticky post at webhostingtalk.

2.Hire a marketing people to do the work for you.

3.Not coz you need to focus on provide hosting.

4.No its bad idea.

5.You need to hire some people to give fake testimonial at major webhosting forum.

6.Accept EGold.

mentos, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  7. dragons5

dragons5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WHMCS is a complete pain in the @#$#@$$@ if you use it make 100% sure that it is creating accounts correctly before you go off trying to get new clients

in fact that goes for any hosting CMS

dragons5, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  8. sourabhj

sourabhj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello
    Well iam not getting you @Dragon , whats the issue with WHMCS can you share the details?, Thanks in advance.. And I Thank all the others too for their time and sharing ideas, please keep sharing your ideas..

sourabhj, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  9. digitallinks2

digitallinks2 Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole industry is one of the most competitive ones. You're competing not only with your local web hosting guys, but all international web hosting companies.

Work on your marketing/sales plan first. You'll have to create something unique and an irresistible offer to make a profit. Then work on your product delivery.

Good luck!

digitallinks2, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  10. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    precautions - dont sell proxy on shared host & dont promise the sky for the price of dust, be practical.

~~~~, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  11. nevaeh

nevaeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Web hosting is really a good business but already highly saturated.You can make good profit if you invest 75% of your earnings in advertising.

nevaeh, Oct 10, 2010 IP