1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Golden Ball's ball up for auction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gooner, Jul 14, 2004.

gooner, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hehe... only $13M (US Dollars) so far, with 8 days left on the auction. People are crazy. Probably will sell for $50M when it's done.

digitalpoint, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, that guy must be pretty happy.

SEbasic, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  4. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    Dose he take PayPal ?

mushroom, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  5. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm

am surprised that the ball would have left the stadium and the text on the ball where the date is looks a bit fuzzy around the edge's... but who knows :confused:

Think i should start going back to football matches :D

vagrant.

vagrant, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    What a stupid price to pay! 10M Euro now... And who says it's not one of the other 20 balls they used on that day. Investing 10M E in a ball which was made under dodgy circumstances for a few bucks and might but quite likely isn't kicked by that crap player in a not so memorable game during a shit spot kick in a shit tournament... I'd rather spend it on G stock or just give it away... I can't believe it's happening!

T0PS3O, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  7. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    SCAM!!!

Okay, firstly I'll be honest ... there is a posibility that its not fake. The problem I have is that in any big professional game they use more than 1 soccer ball, so that when it goes out of the field into the crowd or far, another one is readily available. There are usually a minimum of 6 ball boys around the ground, 1 more that they start the match with and about 4 or 5 more spares with the 4th official on the sideline. That makes it a total of say 11 OFFICIAL balls. These balls have to be made somewhere, so add say 5 unofficial ones made by the employees of that factory.

Now anyone of the above 16 balls could be on sale ... I think the guy was trying to make a quick buck, and things got out of hand ... anyway I wont be surprised if more Becks's balls pop up in the coming months.

payoutwindow, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  8. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    What made me chuckle is the information section - after the blurb about Beckham you get this gem.

So that's $50M for the ball and $5 shipping. :)

Mick

Arnica, Jul 14, 2004 IP