1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

goodbye

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by szynka, Apr 29, 2005.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's true... she said that as well...

minstrel, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am sure your kids think the same of you Minstrel, when one gives and gives all their life for their kids at their own expense that says something.

One day I would like to give back and it is damned sad when you can't.

anthonycea, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  3. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do understand, AC (to lapse into serious mode just for a minute)... but of course it's not something you ever really pay back... you pass it on instead.

4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well a kid like Labron James who signed a who knows what 300 Million dollar contract to play basketball was able to buy his momma a big house so I guess it really depends on what powers you are given in life, not everyone has those kind of talents handed down from above. :eek:

5. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Pretty much every gift I bought for my mom she wrapped up and put away "for best". What she wanted from me obviously wasn't anything material.

After a while, I started getting her tickets to the theatre for her special days and then we'd go watch Gilbert and Sullivan and hit a seafood retaurant on the way... that way, it was something she actually used :)

6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What is most sad for any kid is to see his parents age and start losing their ability to function, now that is a tough goodbuy to take when many of us have parents that were good to us.

I used to think my parents were the worst couple in the world until I found out how fricking hard it is to make it in this world, looking back on everything now and understanding the pressures this life grants to all of us makes me think they both did a great job even though I hated my father most of my life.

7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Your children are your only crack at immortality, AC. Hope all is well you :)

Homer, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Homer.

Every interaction you have with another person is a crack at immortality. You have the opportunity to influence people every day of your life, and how you do it may at least partially determine how they go on through the rest of the day, week, month to influence other people. That's true immortality -- influencing people who don't even know your name.

Well, that and the Coop Rep Network, of course... :D

9. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats a shame my friend.
    Try to be better than him and you will have achieved something.

GEM

(you probably are already, right?)

Solicitors Mortgages, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do better, who knows what is better GEM?

He did the best he could under difficult conditions I guess, just because we never really worked together very long does not mean he was a bad person, just that he was someone that had his own ideas.

Looking at war zones like we see on the news daily and the poor folks that have that problem makes the stress we have look like a cakewalk and I guess we should all try to work to make things better if that is even possible anymore.

11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    by the way does your rep coop cover SEW as well ? ;)

Blogmaster, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure for an extra $100.00 per year we will contact Danny for you and make sure you are given better treatment :eek:

anthonycea, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    And by "an extra $100.00 per year" Anthony of course meant "an extra $100.00 per month"... remember, AC? We agreed that there should be a fee scale which would vary according to the difficulty of the job... :eek:

minstrel, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah it is more difficult when you have forum wallflowers like SiteTutor to represent :p :D

15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I hate disagreeing with you Mistrel, you know that :) . But in this case I have to...what you say (and have said) to me may remain with me for my life. But it is not a part of me. Many leaders that have been a part of this world have left behind a legacy that becomes a part of history not a part of me. It is my choice if I choose to believe in what they stood for. When I pass from this world if I neglected to tell anybody what I believed it dies too...blood is thicker than water.

Cheers,

Homer, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  16. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, Shucks, you know I hate agreeing with you. But that post was splendid. I totally agree with what you said.

Dr. Phil..Dr. Smil. It's all about Minnie mofo.

MELLA, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  17. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Well said, anyone that is overly influenced or influenced by in anyway, another person's action in type on the interet is an idiot to begin with.

noppid, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, all righty O, the Maya Indians and the Egyptians thought they would find immortality in their own customs also, even sacrificing children and others to their Gods.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=Mayaindians&spell=1

Where did it get them, in both cases they disappeared from the face of the earth.

So be careful because only the creator is immortal, but at the same time I think I know what Minstrel is getting at and it is not the thing about living forever without help from above.

19. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I can see how you believe this but I don't agree on that being a reality. Whether we like it or not, everything around us has an influence, whether it is directly or indirectly. The people that are influencing you in your everyday life, are influenced by others, for examples those that you yourself would not pay any attention to.

Blogmaster, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  20. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Hearing something from someone or reading something about something does not imply the person will be influenced by it.

Your argument is flawed in that it makes everyone a sheep that can't take an oposing opinion and dismiss it. :/

I for one am smarter then that, I hope you think you are too. Influence and affect are two different things and I think that is what you were trying to say.

noppid, Apr 30, 2005 IP