1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and Oil are the only things up!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Apr 24, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    U.S. stocks end lower; Nasdaq at more than 6-month low.......

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...57A-B9CC-449F-88D2-F4BB018C69F0}&cbsReferrer=

By MarketWatch
    Last Update: 4/28/2005 5:00:09 PM
    NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks ended lower Thursday, with the Nasdaq touching its lowest point in more than six months after news pointing to a slowdown in the economy and a pick-up in inflation.

Economic Report: U.S. first-quarter GDP up 3.1%, slowest in two years

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. economy grew at a 3.1% annual rate during the first three months of the year, the slowest growth in two years, as inflation inched higher, the government reported Wednesday.

anthonycea, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  2. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I just saw a guy with a Bush mask on stealing a can of oil out of my garage :rolleyes:

Don't worry Anthony, it will get better. Even if it doesn't, there's always money for food stamps :D

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    GTech your "Lame Duck" President is going to try to explain his way out of the trouble that he and "Dad's administration" caused this nation and the world economy with their destructive policies. :eek:

Too bad no one believes a word he says :eek:

Don't miss the excuse making press conference tonight, too bad Cheney is not going to speak :p

4. GTech

Best Answers:
    No he's not. He's going to join the United Nations so he can get some of that oil money that was going around!

Hey, it could be worse. We could still have Clinton. He ficticiously balanced a budget and gutted our military, while letting terrorists run amok. Is that what you miss the most?

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well early word is that he is going to ask the old folks to give up some of their Social Security Benefits, this guy could not write a worse script for Americans :p :p :p :p

Then he will ask folks to be patient as he bankrupts us all with the "oil crisis", sounds like Nixon 74 to me GTech.

PS: Well they are "Nixon Boys" GTech so they are experts at scams.

6. GTech

Best Answers:
    The difference between you and I is, I know Bush (nor Clinton for that matter) has/had the ability to control oil prices. I know that demand is way up and supply cannot stay up with demand. I know from economics that when supply is lower than demand, the cost of goods go up.

I'd say if they were trying to scam, they are doing a pretty poor job. I mean look at the UN and all those countries that scammed oil and sold their souls and countries for an oil vote not to go into Iraq. I saw on the news today a number of German companies are now under the spotlight now. No, if they are trying to scam, they are doing a very poor job. They need some on-the-job training from the United Nations. That's about the only thing the UN is good for these days, besides raping little girls in third world countries.

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't take the spotlight off of our fateful President GTech, the heat is on and now he wants to take advantage of the fraud to push Nuclear energy as the answer. He will use this "oil crisis" to help his friends in the Nuclear industry get their long stalled construction projects started for new plants.

Ready to drill for oil in Alaska too GTech :confused: What the hell, that pristine environment means nothing when money is on the line.

Why not turn the Grand Canyon into a landfill for Nuclear waste GTech :confused: That sounds like something the "Republican Gang" would think up :p

What happened to his approval ratings GTech, they are falling faster than the stock markets and the dollar :p

8. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    It's ashame, for some us this could be foreseen. For others it had to be hindsight. Too late!

noppid, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  9. GTech

Best Answers:
    Who are his friends in the Nuclear industry? If we can *pretend* that Bush steals oil, why can we not look at those that really did? Does it upset you that the UN and our allies got caught stealing oil?

From what I've ready, many in Alaska are ready for drilling. I may be wrong here, but wouldn't Alaskan's get a share of that? Why not drill our own resources? Who says that environment will be destroyed? You are disappointed that OPEC raises prices (oops, my bad, you don't like to admit OPEC sets those prices...but we know!), but do not want to drill our own resources to offset the prices.

So what is your plan, Anthony? It's one thing to complain, but what's the solution?

Bush's approval ratings, like Clintons when Oil prices went up, came down.

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't miss the excuse making press conference that is on right now GTech :p :eek: :p

11. GTech

Best Answers:
    I'm watching sensible information. Too bad the democrats have absolutely NO plan for SS. The only plan they had, was under Clinton, and it was privatisation as well. Too bad they couldn't tackle it.

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    None of his policies have any chance of passing GTech, he is the quickest lame duck in history.

13. GTech

Best Answers:
    We could alway go with the Democrat plan. It's two parts:

1) boo
    2) hoo

BTW, who are Bush's Nuclear Industry friends? Did you skip over that one on purpose. Just trying to be a gentleman and make sure you have the opportunity to address it.

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You figure it out GTech :confused:

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    I gotta say, giving people the "option" to invest in a private account, one option being treasury bonds, which also gives them the right to transfer that on to WHOEVER they choose when they die, is a great idea. And I don't mind saying, that if Democrats originally came up with the idea, it's still good.

Are you saying that people should not have an option, Anthony?

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    People really don't care for what Bush says GTech, it is just another scam and a bunch of crap that will ruin more lives.

The government is bankrupt and in debt, figure it out GTech.

17. GTech

Best Answers:
    Nope, I didn't figure it out. Is it the Chinese Army? They made some good contributions to Clinton and Kerry.

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    OK GTech, give us the solution to the mess we are in since you seem to have the answers....

I wish I could support Bush, but I can't, I understand he has more pressure on him than any other President, but much of it is self inflicted and Americans have their backs to the wall as he and his friends get rich.

So that sucks man.....

It would have been different if this administration was actually elected by the American people, but Republican judges on the Supreme Court did.

19. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Pointing people to the stock market for their future is bullshit. It's more corporate whoring.

noppid, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    Anthony, actually, I asked you for a solution above. I'd honestly like to hear what your solution is. You often claim Bush steals oil, with never an acknowledgement of the UN (the real oil thieves). You complain about oil prices and strongly suggest Bush controls those prices, when clearly he doesn't. And yet you don't want to drill in Alaska. In fact, the only thing you do is complain. What's the solution? What is Bush NOT doing, that you think he should be?

What friends of Bush are getting rich? And how is Bush directly making them rich? Is this the same analogy that under Clinton's dot come BOOM, before the BUST, that Clinton made his "friends" in the internet rich? I find either case rediculous.

The American people voted him in, twice! Above anything else, that has to hurt you the most ;)

It's ok not to like him. And there are plenty of reasons not to. Do you really have to make up reasons to not like him?

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP