1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google co-founders left out of bonuses

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by davedx, Mar 27, 2005.

Just caught this one today, story ran on the 23rd though so apologies if this is old news to anyone - thought the G. critics would appreciate it though :D

Google co-founders left out of bonuses

They're probably happy with their $600 million stakes though, I guess ;)

davedx, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well with a net worth of over 3 Billion each, I think that they could get by without it for a few years, unless the stock goes to $1.00 which at this point is not realistic as long as the company is profitable.

anthonycea, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  3. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    What were you saying earlier though... "house of cards"? :D

davedx, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Anything is possible with a publicly traded company, Netscape and AOL were both high Fliers at one time.

I watched Yahoo drop from $250.00 to $7.00 after the dot com bust of 2000-2001 ;) Wish I would have taken a short position on Yahoo at the time and many others, if I did I would not be here now :)

The only thing that could take the company down is a selling panic in the stock market along with bad financials.

In the stock market, anything is possible :eek:

Attached Files:

anthonycea, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  5. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read the article in the san jose mercury. They said something to the effect that they made enough money off their stock if the company did well that they did not need a bonus. I sortof agreed. Of course, one of them gets a quarter of a mil salary and the other two get 150k, so they aren't hurting..

ziandra, Mar 28, 2005 IP