1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google isn't indexing my website - please help!!!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Manjusha, Jan 9, 2009.

Hi all,

I have a Joomla based website up and running which I've submitted to Google about a month ago. But Google doesn't seem to be crawling my website all these days. When I type the site's name like "mywebsite.com" as a search phrase in Google's search box, I just see a single result which happens to be the one where I registered my domain name. I expected atleast one result that links to my homepage (www.mywebsite.com), but that's not what I see.

I use Joomla 1.5. Can somebody suggest a good statistics collector that I can incorporate into my website. My idea is that with statistics enabled, I can atleast check if GoogleBot or any other search robot is listed anywhere in the stat logs. If there is a good Joomla extension for collecting statistics, please let me know.

By the way, my URLs are all search friendly. I use the sh404SEF Joomla extension. Also, I haven't made any changes to mod_rewrite and htaccess. Do I need to make any changes to either of them to get Google crawl my site?

Pls advice!

Manjusha, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  2. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can't help you with Joomla questions, but I can tell you how to be quickly indexed... you simply need some high PR links.

I have it easy - one of my websites fluctuates between a 4 or 5 on PR - so a link from that site pretty much forces Google to recognize any new site I put up. But you can do the same thing with an EzineArticle article... or a decently high rank directory or two.

As for statistics, why not try Google's own free Analytics? I've been toying around with a few other possibilities, but Google Analytics still gives other statistics packages a good run for the money. This would pretty much ensure that the Google spider knows about your site.

But to get some regular visits from the friendly little search engine spiders - make sure you put up an RSS feed or two on your front page - or add daily new content. Spiders just love new content - and will be anxious to visit you again if they keep seeing new content.

I'm sure that if you Google "Joomla SEO tricks", or "Joomla SEO Suggestions", that you'll come up with some stuff to review. I did it, except I'm a Wordpress & Drupal fan - so I've got my sites SEO'd - or at least, I should say, I know where I'm still not up to par! :D

Khadaji, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best way would be to sign up with Google analytics and have your website verified through it.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  4. biggy99

biggy99 Guest

Best Answers:
    read this and...think !
    - robots.txt
    - sitemap
    - use google webmaster tools
    - google analytics
    - submit submit submit...
    - backlink backlink backlink

;p
    good luck then !

biggy99, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  5. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the PR links. Get a link from a popular article directory or from a social bookmarking site to your site.
    Try to get .edu links back to your site. Make them ( the .edu links ) appropriate links. No one likes spam.

Please remember your own site needs to be SEO optimized for the keywords / topics you are targeting.

I made a joomla site that was indexed just fine with links like that, and I made sure the site itself was optimized.

Good luck !

Blue Star Ent., Jan 10, 2009 IP
  6. dotstar_domains

dotstar_domains Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you acquire the domain recently? Maybe it was banned by Google due to spamming or so.
    To solve that, you got to notify Google that you are the new owner.

dotstar_domains, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  7. maceee

maceee Banned

Best Answers:
    for start add google analytics and google adsense..

it is very helpful

maceee, Jan 13, 2009 IP