1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google loves big sites right? But...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MobileP, Dec 28, 2005.

...how do you guys make those 20.000+ pages? And how long does it take for you to make them? Any hints and tips on that?

I also notices some feed databases... Do these things work?

MobileP, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  2. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google loves contents :) Remember, forums do always have thousandth of pages to be indexed, so there is nothing to do other than launch a forum and get it an active community ;)

sebastianrs, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  3. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    I think most use some automated softwares - the days of handcoding html for all pages is over it seems :)

onedollar, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  4. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a blog with over 18,000 pages indexed in google. It would have had twice that but I deleted a bunch of old stuff. The only problem is that it's not on any one topic. It's a pr5. What was my key? Well I've been posting to the thing constistantly since 2001 so that helps.

allthewhile, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  5. MobileP

MobileP Peon

Best Answers:
    That's amazing! But what if you have problems writing content? Like do don't know what to write about and how to write it interesting?

MobileP, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just posted this on another thread and its probably useful here too....

Try creating useful databases of things related to the site.

Eg if you had a site about golf courses each course has its own page so 1000 courses adds up to 1000 pages. Give users the options to browse courses by country, by county (or state), y course type or by the first letter of the course and you straight away can double the number of pages to 2000.

Create another database of hotels and then you can do the same with this, link the 2 databases so you can see hotels nearest to golf courses and golf courses nearest to hotels and you will end up with 4 times as many pages.

Make sure all the pages have unique content, titles and met tags and you are well on the way to a big site.

mad4, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  7. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    One caveat here.

You need to add pages slowly. I've heard that more than about 10 pages a day raises a red flag. I suppose it would be OK to open up a site that has a few thousand pages. But, if you start out with a thousand page site, then the next day there's 2000, and it keeps growing at that rate...there's a good chance g will flag it as a black hat site, and the site's worthless.

Or so I've been told. YMMV.

jimrthy, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  8. comp71

comp71 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try Traffic Equalizer. But I don't think that the search engines are putting that much weight into large automated sites anymore. While many people still make a profit, the direction is going into pure content sites

comp71, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  9. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    : correct: pure fresh an unique content sites :) so popularity for sites that fetch free articles will soon be flagged because of duplicate content unless they cannot (or are not allowed) to alter the articles ;)

sebastianrs, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  10. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    Traffic Equalizer is an excellent way to get the Search Engines to ban your sites. Even the blackhats don't bother with it much anymore, because it gets flagged so quickly.

jimrthy, Jan 7, 2006 IP