1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google OpenSocial, gPhone and Android domains.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by tounano, Nov 5, 2007.

Hi,

I bought some great domains for Google's new adventures :)
    I got domains for the following buzz words: OpenSocial, gPhone and Android.

I don't know if I'll do something with them, but I had to check my new credit card :)

So, what do you suggest me to do with them?

tounano, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  2. bsdpowa

bsdpowa Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you know taking brand names is illegal? As soon as Google launches gPhone you will be forced to give up on the gphone.com domain. I used to have mikrosofte.com and microsofte.org and I thought I'm going to make a fortune with them but then I had to release them because I didn't want Microsoft to get me in court.

bsdpowa, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. tounano

tounano Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all I didn't said I got gphone.com, I wish :) I just said I have some nice domains with the above buzzwords, they are really really nice, believe me :)

When the time will come I'll give them away, meanwhile I think I can generate some profit from them.

So, any suggestions ?

tounano, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  4. powerspike

powerspike Peon

Best Answers:
    you'll find that using the trademark names, even with a mix (ie gphonelive.com gphoneportal.com) etc etc, is still trademark infringement, just because the domain isn't just the trademark, doesn't mean your safe, microsoft just recent went after several people for similar names, i think was something like microsoftofficecourses.com (or something very similar).

powerspike, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  5. tounano

tounano Guest

Best Answers:
    I didn't registered TLDs, and in the country which is registered there are no rules against it :) So I think I'm safe. Now, what kind of goodies can I do with that?

tounano, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  6. Raithe

Raithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well if the country you registered it in is foreign, then the domains are not worth as much as anyone could grab them.

Raithe, Nov 5, 2007 IP